1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. sriramr9

sriramr9 Amatore

Chennai
    Replaced 41 month old battery from my vehicle (diesel version) to Amaron 60ah it was a direct fit
    Change note: starter motor cranking sound is normal now previously with o.e supplied old battery it used to be slow and lousy.
    hope this upgrade is as per specification.
    How to determine starter motor and alternator make of our vehicle
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    the upgrade is the bare minimum required for the 1.3 mjd engine. the cranking is realy quick these days. have mine also upgraded to60ah(SF Sonic) almost 6-7 monthsago
  3. Mine done with OE Exide for 3 yrs 6 mths before it was completely dead. Even thought I hardly used my car for past 5 months (Battery disconnected during non-usage). Mine Cousin took the car and got the EBD failure message and car refused to start 2 kms from my home in Mysore. Luckily I had Free RSA and jumped it to get started. The car came in its shelter and next day Car started with ease and checked it for its health and was all Ok. I later took it for Distilled water maintenance myself, fixed and finally no Cranking :(. Decided to go for Amaron and I asked for DIN50 and he gave DIN45 telling that both are same. When I checked it was DIN45 and refused it by taking back to his showroom and changed it with DIN55 but now it not a 55Ah it is 60 AH ie. DIN60 (AAM-FL-566112060). Hope no harm as I have no accessories fitted :).
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    no harm at all. din 60 works fine.
  5. Checked with my Fiat Electrician and said 60 Ah is not at all a problem, Feel comfortable :)
  6. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Checked with one of the Amaron Supplier in Bangalore. Quote - 5500 for Amaron High FLO 60 AH. This is including battery exchange.
    I am looking for DIN 55 Amaron model and none of them have supplies. They are pushing for 60 AH only.
    Checked with BatteryBhai/BatteryWale. Same issue. DIN55 is out of stock.

One of my electrolyte is not working. Can I continue using for next 10-15 days or more.
    When should I replace battery?
    Yesterday at petrol bunk, it did not start for the first time after 45 months. Its done 51300kms.
    Probably, high time to get new battery.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2015 ---
    Called up the main supplier for Amaron - Naatesh Batteries RV Road.
    Quote 6000 for Amaron High FLO DIN55. Exchange - 800 for old battery.
    Cost including exchange - 5200. Please let me know if this is good price. Or any online options
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    When everyone is after Amaron, I decided to stick to Exide DIN44. Replaced the old one, which is close to three years old. After exchange of the old battery, I had to pay 4700/-.
  8. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks. BatteryBhai confirmed to fit DIN55 Amaron. Will get installed in 60mins.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2015 ---
    DIN55 is direct fit in the bonnet. Good cranking as well. Thanks for this thread.
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Got SF Sonic DIN 60 battery installed in Hyderabad, it was Rs.4500 with old battery exchange. I can see huge difference while cranking, its like Swift which has DIN 65.

According to me if you don't have any extra electronics installed then there is no need for the upgrade, just save the money. Ford Figo and Ecosport have 1.4 and 1.5 liter engine respectively and both the cars have DIN 45 battery in them.