1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Maddy79

Maddy79 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    SF Sonic 36 (18+18)months & Amaron 48(24+24)months
    SF Sonic isn't a premium brand of Exide,its a sister concern and built with its own technology at different facility.
    Got SF Sonic Din 50 for 4800/-with out exchange.

Same is the case for Bosch and AC Delco ,they are manufactured by Amaron thru different facilities and technology.
    varunrtr likes this.
  2. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    i got 36 months warranty for SF Sonic..DIN 60. been using it for close to 6 months.. and mind u, have been mighty impressed by their performance. no hint of voltage drop during cranking.

no. its not a premium brand of exide. stay away from exide.
    varunrtr likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks.. will mostly go with SF Sonic itself i guess as its about 500 cheaper than amaron.. I am not at home and will have to tell dad to change it.. He only checked it from the shop and said they are not giving 4 years warranty for diesel cars while the same is being given for petrol cars , for the same battery !! I have amaron in my bike and dad's scooter and both have 4 years warranty !!
    @harryaviator Did you check whether the 36 months is full 36 months replacement or 18 months repl+18 months pro rata repl.
  4. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Its 18+18 months pro rata replacement
  5. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    My battery will complete 5 years in June, still it is working good on my MJD Active Punto. No problems till now,it is stock Excide 50AH,it do not given any problems to me,still it is running good.
    Now i am going to change the battery as i do not wish to have problems at odd places.I am going to continue with Excide 50 AH as recommended.
    Dealers at Pune in Karve Nagar have offered me @Rs.5ooo/- with exchange of old battery. It is with 2+2 years warrenty.If anybody know a better offer than this please let me know.Thanks.
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I finally got amaron 55 DIN for 5k with exchange of old battery, yesterday, which also has a 2+2 years warranty. In some states, you can even get 60DIN for 5-5.2k, try other shops too !!
  7. svvickky

svvickky Amatore

bangalore
  8. DEEPAK BAPAT

DEEPAK BAPAT Novizio

Pune
    How about SF Sonic? It's price is less by Rs.1000/-.Can it be trusted?
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

My OEM battery is dying (Crank voltage drop to 8.5 ~ 9.3) and I am now searching for a replacement. My primary choice is Amaron, but their online site (http://www.batterywale.com/) is recommending AAM-FL-566112060 model (60 Ah), while some other sites (http://www.batterybhai.com/, http://www.powerbazzar.com/ etc) have a 50Ah replacement (AAM-FL-550114042). the price difference is about 1300 between the models.

Is it worth paying 1300 extra for the 60Ah model? Or should I stick with the 50 Ah model itself?

Do any one have any experience with http://www.powerbazzar.com? They are offering the 60Ah model at 4650 INR, which is substantially cheaper than batterywale (5320 INR) (Both incl. of exchange of old battery).

--Anoop
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Replaced my cars battery today. Old one lasted for 49K/39 months.
    I went ahead with Exide mileage 50 Din/ah. Total cost was Rs. 3900 with exchange.
    Warranty is 24+24.