1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. dnyanesh666

dnyanesh666

Mumbai
    My battery has lasted for 3yrs and 4months. Done 84k kms in the period. Can not ask for anything more. I got a quote for 50Ah was 5200 with exchange and that for 55Ah was 6100 with exchange from an Exide dealer. Think of sticking to the stock 50Ah.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea's new Amaron battery too has the black-casing. The details are here. 55875d1385728402-my-fabulous-fiat-linea-dsc01184.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Hey guyz plz suggest which battery should i go for as after almst 5 yrs my stock battery has started to give a trouble that after a long trip if i switch off the car, then i it doesnt strt/crank. had to wait 15-30min then only car strts.

Car: Palio Stile 1.6 sport
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Gaurav, go for Amaron with same specification as stock.
    Else, since your experience with stock is pretty good, you can buy same again.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Gaurav Chakraborty

Gaurav Chakraborty Amatore

New Delhi
    Thanx man!!
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Best to stick with factory recommendations as far as battery amps are concerned. Higher amps can cause frequent glitches in electricals and possibly kill sensitive things like the ECU etc.

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  7. amar_gahir

amar_gahir Amatore

Delhi
    I dont agree to above statement. Even the manual says that you can upgrade the battery if your consumption is high.
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    But then, won't the re-charge cycle of the battery be upset?
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Exactly, one of the things that can get upset. Ever wondered why company provides a specific battery and not a higher one in the first place.

CCA or Cold Cranking Amps are an important factor, moreso in our diesel engines. A car battery once below 80% of charge starts weakening if the alternator cannot keep up with it, that goes for higher capacity batteries as well. Assuming that the fuses in car don't go off, there is always a risk of burning something that is not originally designed for extra load.
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2014
  10. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    After 4 yrs 4 months , 65k km, today i changed the oe exide battery.
    Fitted amaron flo 55ah , rs 5600/- with old battery exchange.

image.jpg

image.jpg