1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't want Maruti specification anyway.

What is the OEM specification ,is it 50Ah or it can vary?
  2. Punto Battery

Dear friends,

What is the general battery life of Punto? My car (Petrol Active 1.2) is run almost 40k in 2 years and now battery is giving some problem....got discharged completely 3 times in last two-three weeks. I had to call mechanic and get it jump started.

If it needs to be changed, which brand apart from company fitted model (Exide DIN-44 MF) can be considered?

Thanks in advance,

Amit
  3. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    i'll say to upgrade to a bigger battery.. by default punto has 12V 55A battery ..
    and look for a 12V 65A battery .. though m not sure that it will fit or not but as you are in a condition to upgrade the battery, you should look for a better one .. for brands other members should be able to suggest ..
  4. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai

BHAI HE HAS 1.2 fIRE PETROL "PINTU" i think petrol is having smaller battery than multijet
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Threads Merged.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    while buying any battery make sure the polarity is correct. for example maruti alto has reverse l type polarity opposed to maruti 800.

secondly avoid exide. they are made of very low quality plastic and die very soon.

amaron and tata green are the best ones in market currently.
  7. Thanks Guys. After reading posts, i will go for amaron - pref 12V 60A.

But is it normal for battery to die in two years? there are couple of positive comments but is that happened to anyone in new gen fiat cars?
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The stock battery life is very unpredictable. Some last long some fails under a years time. Mine is 2 yrs+ now and so far fine. As said in a previous post, Bosch maintenance free batteries went on for 7 years, 5 years the seal was on, later the service center broke the seal to do topup(??) for the next 2 years. I would go for the Bosch when my replacement is due.

10. This is sad.

Anyways, have given battery to a local mechanic-cum-exide dealer. He shall come back tomorrow after charging it and let me know if any problems are in it. Shall keep posting updates on this thread.