1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You can get a 55AH battery for your car. Just browse above. Last week I had got AMARON FLO 55Ah for my Linea as well. Try Batterybhai as well. You may get a better rate as well. BB has installers in CBE.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  2. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    @livelyyoungman thanks, got exide matrix din50 30+30 months, 8500nett...
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore

All kind of errors are coming up - ABS failure, Air Bag Failure + Yellow Car+ Lock sign etc. Still now issues with cranking. I badly need to do a trip to Kerala, hope the battery can withhold!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    If the car starts in a single crank/attempt, you can continue. If the MID doesn't die while cranking, that means there is some life left.
    I have done a trip when multiple attempts were required to start. After having breakfast from kamath, the car refused to start in the first three attempts. Waited for a few minutes and cranked again and it started. So, no need to panic even if it doesn't start in the first 2-3 attempts.

And during the drive always park in a slight incline, so that you won't have to push to start in worst case. Owners Manual says push start is not recommended, though.
  5. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thank you Thulasi. That was reassuring. Yes, the car starts with a single crank as of now and the MID doesnt die while cranking. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Yeah, read that part about push start in the manual. Hope that situation doesnt arise! :)
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
  7. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    I have upgraded my battery with 60Ah Tata Green Silver Plus Battery with 24+24 month Warranty, which was a straight fit in the compartment. Got a very sweet deal and it had the highest Cranking power of CCA 620A/RC 100min, which was he highest I could get in any battery available.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. In my view cars with EPS - Electronic power steering like Swift etc. need more battery power as the steering motor derives power from the battery. With case of hydraulic power steering based vehicles like fiat cars I am not sure if it makes sense to go for a battery with more Ampere Hour rating.
  9. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Vishak - In my case I have aftermarket Projector Headlight setup, also it is always better to have higher Ah rating battery in the car.
  10. amit1agrawal

amit1agrawal Amatore

Bangalore
    I have Tjet+ 2009 model. I was regularly getting Airbag failure message along with lots of other problems with B&M.
    KHT Service center advised me to change the battery. They said the voltage output is 9V whereas it should be 12V.
    I checked with Amaron dealer near my area and he is quoting 6.2k for Flo (4 year warranty) DIN50 in exchange for old one.
    Should I switch to Amaron or stick with Exide? Is this a good deal?