1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    See chart in my previous post in this page. It says anything above 9.5 V at crank is good. That chart is from a OE battery vendor.

My OE Exide in the Palio lasted 5 years and was still in good shape when I exchanged for the Jet. In case of the Jet, I am bit concerned as the car was lying in the dealer's yard for 2 years and am not sure how frequently and how much it was charged.

From your post, I gather that putting in 55 Ah or 60 Ah will not harm anything, but my wallet, if I do not need it :D

This:

IMG_1093.jpg

I have applied some petroleum jelly to the terminals. I thought that the red grease was "Brake Grease", meant for use in the brake caliper assembly.

Mine is Sept 2010 Gurjinder. Thanks for the very helpful analogy. Helps understand correctly.

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes I did see that and another post by j ravi also regarding the values but this is what I'd confusing me as I've seen other charts at the local exide dealers which q are different
    What to believe and what not to, I don't know

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Prabu

Prabu Novizio

Bangalore
    My Punto MJD 2009 model, battery is not doing good, about 2 weeks got lock-key error.

Yesterday night once reached home switched-off, again tried to start and move a bit (to correct the parking) but refused to start and realized mostly battery is the culprit.

Alternatively was able to start today morning.

I am in Bangalore, got an offer for Amaron 55aH Dealer-1: Rs 5000/- another dealer offered Dealer-2: Rs 4600/-, since the dealer-1 is closed to my home tried to negotiable but he can't negotiate further declined.

I was wondering how to check and ensure that new battery is delivered any idea?

Thanks
    Prabu
  4. kamikaze

kamikaze Timido

Bangalore
    Prabhu, are you sure that these are prices for new Amaron Flo 55AH battery? The best price that I am being quoted is Rs 5300 (incl old battery exchange) from the Amaron dealer next to Vecto Motors in Bangalore. BatteryBhai shows Rs 5600 as price after exchange.
  5. bibhupanda1

bibhupanda1 Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Any Idea baout Trustart Battery?

Guys!

I am getting a Trustart Battery of 65AH at a price of 3559/- + Taxes. Its only for employees. The MRP is 5331/-. Do you have any Idea about the battry?

I am just checking the battery Dimensions whether it can match or not with the delaer.

I am planning to change my Linea MJD Emotion Pk battery as from a long I am getting EBD / Air Bag / Immobilizer false alarm. Even if I use music system for 1 hr while engine is off, it takes more time to crank.

Appreciate your view.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Never heard of Trustart, sorry.
  7. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just had upgraded my Linea's battery to Amaron FLO 55AH after almost 3 years of ownership. There was some juice left in the battery but did not want to prolong the upgrade.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  8. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Karan, Did the airbag failure and lock failure message stopped coming after you changed your battery. As I am facing this issue, I have 2010 August Linea MJD. Service centre guy's have said that this battery problem.
  9. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    PM'd you the details :D
  10. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    Hi People,

Need some advice, I have a Linea MJD 2009 model bought in Feb 2010, battery is showing signs of weakness.
    Can I put 55Ah battery since it is available in Bosch, plan to keep this car for a long long time? For the same price am getting exide DIN50 with 18 months...
    DIN 50, 60 months exide & SF are not available in Coimbatore...
    Will upgrading to 55Ah cause any problems?
    Posed the same question to the fiat dealer here, they say it is safer to go with DIN 50 which is OE recommended...
    pls advise.