1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No, DIN 65 wont fit. Use DIn 55 or DIN 66
    It looks cheap. Yes you can go ahead with 60 AH battery. No issues. Make sure its a DIN model, if not the battery connectors might be tall and may protrude higher than the stock battery. I didnt find any BOSCH batteries in Chennai. So i just replaced my DIN 50 - 50 AH exide OEM battery with DIN 66 - 60 AH Amaron flo battery with 24+24 months warranty in Chennai. And yes, you can fit 65 AH Amaron black, but the connectors will protrude.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

I had started getting Airbag failure note quite frequently, hence replaced the battery with Amaron DIN 55 @ 5400/-. Booked @ Battery Bhai yesterday evening and they confirmed delivery with in one hour. However as I was travelling asked them to come today morning. No where on the battery its written as DIN 55 and the battery colour is black, Part no. is 555112054 mfg 05/13. Hope its the right battery. JFI my car is nearly 2.5 yrs old and run 73500 kms :).

Kiran

battery.jpg

battery 01.jpg

battery 02.jpg
  3. Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi,

Since I replaced my battery on 17th July with DIN 55, my ODO is continuosly blinking. Earlier after restarting usually it use to stop, but now its always blinking :). Any idea why it might be happening.

Kiran
  5. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Disconnect the battery for few min to get the ECU reset.

BTW refering to 1st pic battery looks like its normal battery(as OEM) AFAIK dry shell battery are good I believe.
    Since v have to keep checking the acid levels in these battery

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    I had started receiving "Airbag failure" messages intermittently. Specially during hot start. So decided to change the battery.
    Just replaced the Stock Excide Battery with AMARON DIN55. @5400/-:) Odo stands at 63K.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Friends,

My battery reads 9.5v at crank. Is this ok, or indicates a weak battery? I am not seeing any failure messages yet.

Thanks!
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    that is a weak battery, anything less than 10V at crank is a sign of a dying battery.
    Either get it charged and use it for a few more months or swap it with a new one.
    A weak battery can have major influence on the life of the alternator and that can be an expensive trade
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    General Motors directive to ASC says, that the battery voltage should read at least 9.6 volts at 70 degrees Fahrenheit (about 21 degrees Celsius). The correct way to test is to disable injection or ignition, so the engine will not crank, connect the voltmeter and crank for 15 seconds max. How did you check the voltage?

How old is your battery?

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you Rajan for responding. I had taken my car to KHT for the free checkup and they gave me a batery health check report. The sheet mentioned:

OCV: 12.30
    HRD: 9.5

I am not an expert and when asked, executive mentione 9.5 is the voltage while cranking and battery is weak.

My car is 8 months old and has run about 6.8k kms. I bought a 2011 variant in 2012, so car also stayed idle for over a year before my purchase.