1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Shams, due to cold weather it could be taking up time check it at different times of the day.
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    Can someone direct me to the right Amaron model for Linea TJet? Their website says Model no AAM-FL-545171036 is relevant to Linea while BatteryBhai says AAM-FL-545106036 (45 Ah). So which one is it?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Linea is running on 50/55 ah I think by default so 45 is definitely out of the question. Either way pick up 55 or 60ah

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  4. Get a deep recharge done once.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think few Linea versions, specially petrols, are with 45ah batteries as OEM.
    But 55aH makes more sense to buy.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Your battery may be dying and may last for a few more months/a few thousand kms. Here is the rough sequence before the battery dies completely
    -hot start problem-The car requires 2-4 cranks to start when engine/battery is hot. Multimeter/battery scanner will show that battery is charging fine, still you would need 2-3 cranks.
    -various error messages: ABS failure, air bag failure, and so on
    -blinking odo
    -display(MID) gets reset during ignition, sometimes display completely dies during ignition and takes a hew seconds to come back(you can still drive for a few hundred kms with battery in this condition)
    -Engine lock light come up during ignition. But the light goes off when you turn off and start the car again
    -Battery dies completely.

Please don't ask me for the source of the above information. :)
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    by 2-4 cranks, do you mean 2-4 turns of the key? for errors, its so far only lock/key sign that i have seen on few occasions
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    3-4 turns of the key / 3-4 attempts to start the car.
  9. rajbajwa

rajbajwa

Mumbai
    Want to Share my Experience:

I have a 1.4 Linea (Mfg: Sep 2009). I started getting the tell tale signs of a weak battery a few months back. This was intermittent where I would see the Airbag failure message, Engine Immobilizer Alert (Padlock). Last week I got another sign where the temperature display on the ACC would blink continously. I was not facing any problems with cranking the engine but learnt from this thread that I should not wait for that as a weak battery can damage to the alternator and also some electronics. I checked at the nearest Amaron Battery Dealer in Borivali West, Mumbai. Went for the 55 Ah Amaron Battery. The local shop was not willing to reduce the price below 5700 in exchange for the old 44 Ah Battery. (I think I could have saved a couple of hundreds using the online route but I didn't want to do the Indian bargaining trick of walking out and hope for the seller to reduce the price.)

The blinking temperature figure on the ACC display was there even after the battery change. I then went to the Fiat Authorized Service Center in Kandivali West, Mumbai. The technician there connected the computer to the car and sorted out the problem. He mentioned that it was due to the old weak battery.
  10. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    @pankaj where did u place the order. Mind sharing the details.

@sham what was the MRP of the battery.
    Today enquired with Amaron dealer in RV rd quoted th below price MRP

Din 55 - 64xx/-
    Din 60 - 69xx/-

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2