1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    kirenh: you are right.
    The way Batterbhai works is on defaults. The database has a list of existing setups and only those are added.
    What you can do is order "Open corsa 55Ah battery" It fits perfectly in the bay with more room to spare.

More specifically
    Buy Chevrolet Car Battery Online of Exide, Amaron, SF Sonic in Delhi-NCR

That's the one I have and there are no issues in fitment
    1 person likes this.
  2. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Kolhapur
    Today finalized BOSCH battery DIN 60 for my lovely Punto.

2 Years 8 Months & 1 Lac 8 Thousand KMS.

Rs. 5,500/-

Will be fitted tomorrow.

Anicaution
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That looks like a good deal.
    I paid 5600 for 55ah itself.
    But mine is amaron. So may be expensive

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  4. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Just bought Amaron AAM-FL-545106036 from Batterybhai.com for Rs. 4450 for my Punto 1.2. Gave them a call yestreday evening and battery was installed today evening.
  5. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    After reading through almost all the pages in this thread, thinking of going with Amaron 55Ah. Will the same work for Linea 1.4 petrol as well?

Looks like its time for battery change in my car. At the moment there is OEM Exide battery and has lasted for 4 years. Since last 3-4 months getting airbag failure message after almost every time engine is started. Recently not always ABS not available message. Car protection system failure light in dashboard remains on for ever. So far no problems with engine starting ever after 7 days of being idle, but decided to replace the battery.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it well fit.
    On another note just because that car cranks doesn't mean all is well.
    If the alternator is struggling to get enough current to start quickly you will burn it out and it's expense to replace

from HTC desire S with cynogenmod 7.2
  7. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    @theblack

Thanks for the confirmation and note. Got it loud and clear that no crank problems doesn't mean all is well. Read the same on other threads as well. So decided to replace the battery the earliest.
  8. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Ordered today at 3 pm, Amaron 55ah from BattreyBhai for INR 5300. Got the delivery at 6:45PM. Car cranks in a jiffy!! RIP the 4 year old Exide 44ah.
    3 people like this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    awesome. good luck with the new found energy
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    my punto is 2yrs 11 months/ 60k kms old now. yesterday morning in munnar in cold weather, i had to turn the key twice to crank the engine. first time there was kee-kee kee sound but it didnt start. today after running for 15kms, when i had to start the car again after parking for 30 mins, nothing happened on turning the key two times. there was no kee-kee-kee sound also. third time it started! as an obvious guess, is the battery culprit here??
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013