1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    After My cars Battery Died numerous times Finally got Amaron Flo Din 60 Jan'13 make surprisingly the battery is black in color. I checked the battery it clearly says Flo. the car cranks in half the time it used to take. :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. I have placed order for Ameron FLO 55 DIN battery with battreybhai.com,price quoted is 5050 in exchange with old battray.
    Just for curiosity did any one try to get excide to exchange with excide it self and see whether it comes cheaper then Ameron?

I am told Excide Matrix is better then Ameron but need to shell out almost 2 K more.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  3. Man , what a followup from Battery bhai.com,Ordered 55 DIN Flo in the morning. One Mr. Santhosh called me just now and said in next 2 hours battery will be replaced:)

E commerce is beginning to take off in India.
  4. Here is the new power source for my Punto,Experience with battraybhai has been very professional.
    They are tied up with some battery dealers in Bangalore but prices are less than what same dealer quotes.

5 people like this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Amidst all the changes my beauty going through or have to go through i'm now having to buy a new pacemaker for her.
    The obvious choices are Exide and Amaron.
    Reading reviews I've found Amaron is better and Exide india has lost its sheen that it had a few years ago.

Can you guys suggest a good Amaron battery model.
    Stock is 45Ah . What higher amperage does the stock battery bay support?
    What is the best option for me now.

PS :: I got the battery tested and at crank its putting out 8-8.5V instead of 11-12V. Any thing you guys have to say for that? I'm a total noob w.r.t batteries and electricals.

I also have a 100/130 Phillips rally connected to the battery via a relay and I'm thinking of axillary lamps (hella 550FF) as well. Keeping this in mind please suggest the best amperage for me.
  6. Go for 55 DIN,it fit perfectly in the bay.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Can you please explain what 55 DIN means?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Batterybahi is only showing me 1 Amaron battery
    Screenshot from 2013-05-11 12:12:27.jpg
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I would recommend a DIN 60 if you have 130W bulbs.
    It takes all the space in the battery bay,and is a perfect fit.
  9. khoj

khoj Amatore

DIN essentially stands for the German Institute of Standardization. They standardized the sizes for engineered products that were/are produced and exported from Germany across Europe and eventually around the World. In the automotive world the two most common products to benefit from this standardization are the battery and the entertainment system (single DIN & Double DIN).

You may want to try the ACDelco batteries, I use them and find them to be as good as Amaron but with a much lower price point. As you will notice in the chart 55DIN is the standard referral for a given size and rating for a particular battery model. DIN 60 has same dimensions as DIN55 but rating is different. Also you will notice that the old design fill up batteries & the new sealed batteries both share the same standard reference number. Do not let that confuse you just refer to the table(photo) for the type of battery that you want and pick the size/rating etc.
    View attachment AC DELCO battery.pdf

10. theblack

theblack Esperto

just placed order for 55Ah amaron . Hoping to get it fixed today only