1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I paid net 5800,6600 was the price,and for old battery i got 800 bucks.
    1 person likes this.
  2. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Apart from "Air Bag failure" error messages, will there be any malfunction with respect to various other sensors like MAF,MAP, LAMBDA? Will they become weak or anything like that if there is a prolonged usage of weak battery?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Not sure on that but the biggest hit will be taken by the starter motor. Dying batteries are very hard on starters.
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

And from my experience they arent good for glow plugs as well.
    I had two glow plug failures owing to a weak battery.
  5. vks

vks

Bangalore
    The OEM Exide in my FGP MJD expired today, (60.5K KM in 3 yrs).
    Since it gave few warning signs in the past 2 days (extended cranking & one-time 'lock' tale in the instrument panel) I got time to read through this thread & also check locally.
    Asked Batterybhai & got AAM-FL-55...(Amaron Flo 55 Ah) at 5050.00 against old one; installed at home in 2.5 hours. So far, so good. It sure cranks quicker now..!
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So, you got a decent life of 3 years from OEM Exide. And it is nice to see that you changed battery when it is giving the signs of dying.
  7. vinod_k

vinod_k

pune
    New Battery Amron DIN 55 :fitted to my Linea Diesel

My Car has now completed 4 yrs. from last 2 to 3 months ...issue in hot starting ..so i replaced battery by Amron DIN55 ..the price is 4950 with exchange old battery.
    Now No issues of cold & hot start.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  8. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    That is a great statement, Vinod.
    Would you mind sharing with us why you chose the particular battery instead of the OEM.
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Arryan- Amaron batteries are definitely superior as compared to Exide.

OEM Manufacturers are not necessarily better than the rest. There are areas where costs are cut and battery is one such area in case of FIATs. Even the battery tray can accomodate larger 55Ah or 60Ah batteries.

The best battery config is 55Ah IMHO as 55Ah battery can be covered with that cushion like cover as well from all sides.
  10. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Hey guys,
    I need some advice, my 09' Linea is used everyday, Its clocked about 42k so far. of late I've noticed that the car takes longer to crank (compared to even a few weeks back).Airbag failure comes up quite often, The pad lock symbol came up 3 times so far. The battery has not been changed so far, should i change it?? Also i have an amplifier and a tube. If replacing the battery is a must should i consider a more powerful battery (Maybe like DIN60) to cope with the added load.
    PS. I Have planed a trip to Goa in a few weeks dont want the battery dying midway ;)
    Regards
    Karan
    1 person likes this.