1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    I started following this thread after I started my thread "Starting troubles" and received prompt and knowledgeable advices. I called up the Exide guys and planned to call them in the evening to replace stock batterly on my Linea after 3.4 years.
    But now going through this thread, am planning to look around with a coule of shops and then go for it. Will have to get the car jump-started first as it's completely stand-still as of now.

Anyone replaced Linea battery recently?
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^^Already posted in your thread "Starting Torubles". Also get AC Relay Fuse checked.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Just got 60AH Amaron for my Linea.
    What a drastic change in starting power,though last one had gone really weak
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2013
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Yes the error has gone away in my case after replacing the battery. Its been a couple of weeks and it hasn't come back.
  5. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Yes I replaced the battery a couple of months back, and yes it was because of battery that the messages like "Airbag Failure" , "EBD Failure" disappeared.

6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank You for confirmation.
  7. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    got amaron flo 55 din from batterybhai.com for rs5050 in exchange for, 39500kms and 3.5 years old battery.
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^MANU
    How is your vehicle cranking after changing the battery?
  9. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    Its cranking like crazy , huge difference from the older battery.I would say may be 2-3 times more powerful.
  10. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    I also had this 'airbag failure' error very often. It is no more after a battery replacement. I could not get an Amaron battery but had to settle for an Exide 44AH battery.