1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    I got my battery changed after 3 years and 2 months.

Had gone for Amaron din 45 with 4 years warranty. I paid 4300 after old battery exchange. Old battery was dead.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
  2. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Got my battery changed after noticing a dimming of the headlights when the AC kicks in. Voltage was dropping to 10.9 volts at crank. Got Exide DIN 60. Apparently there was still life left in the old (3 and half years) battery, but got it changed anyway.
  3. shashanknathani

Pune
    What is the procedure to get the battery replaced under warranty? My friend has bought a TJet 10 days back and the car's battery has gone kaput. It was having issues at the time of delivery itself.

The car was November 2010 manufactured and was delivered with H14 (At Ranjangaon yard) and H120 (on Reaching Pune showroom) on the ODO. The battery warranty card that came with the car has Warranty starting date from 10th December 2012 and it is an Exide battery.
    Who is the right person - Exide Dealer or Fiat ASS
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Shashank
    Follow it up through FIAT ASS.

OT: So, your friend got the delivery of the T-Jet. And Thank You for arranging a nice accommodation at Pune.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  5. shashanknathani

Pune
    Will ask him to go there asap.

He is presently enjoying the jet and being lazy in creating an ownership thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  6. donzerus

donzerus Timido

Chennai
    After enduring the 'Airbag failure' message for a couple of months, went online today and ordered an Amaron FLO 55Ah battery from batterybhai.com

As promised, they delivered and installed the battery within 4 hours. Highly recommend their service
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does this "Airbag Failure" messages appear after the battery change?

Do you notice any change in cranking time with this new battery?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    P.S. This is my 333th post.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  8. donzerus

donzerus Timido

Chennai

No, but it's been only a day with the new battery. Need to observe for a couple of weeks to be really sure.
    Yes, the car now starts bit quicker maybe because the new Amaron delivers a higher CCA (540 Amps) when compared to the stock Exide (405 amps) battery
  9. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    There should not be any "Airbag Failure" message now, since the message appears normally due to weak current supply.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had asked this question to confirm that "Airbag Failure" message appears due to battery showing signs of wearing out.