1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Its 2+2 years warranty.

Old battery was sold at Rs 600.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  2. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Ravi: the website shows only 50Ah batteries for the Punto MJD. Did you go for the one for Linea MJD? Any specific reason for that?
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Got new 50 Amp exide battery for Rs 4200 in exchange of battery.
  4. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

hi frnds.changed stock exide 50amp battery with 55 amp amaron in my diesel punto.battery is bigger than stock battery,but car is starting quickly,as self is moving faster.no problems in electronics experienced till now.:cool:
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

I have a question here.. what is the actual benefit of going in for higher amp batts???
    I mean when you measure the time taken for the car to crank is probably going to be reduced by 1 sec or max 2 secs...
    Is there any other real world use in going in with higher amperage?
    1 person likes this.
  6. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

it really helps at traffic signals,when u stop nd restart ur car[my experience]dosen't cost much.5400 after giving old battery for 600.:ugeek:good if u'r o.e.m battery died nd u need a battery replacement. :cool:
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

not at all useful if you have not loaded your car with extra electrical load but it is very helpful for people who have added power hungry light setup, music setup etc and have habit of listening to music with car switched off with AC blower running when waiting for someone in parking lot, outside house etc.

I think the user manual of linea too states that we can upgrade to 65 A battery without any problem and this is what we should have got from factory. Polo comes with 60A battery, Swift with 65 A battery, i20 with 68A battery, Micra D with 60A even Tata Manza and Vista come with 65 A batteries from factory.
    Battery is one place where Fiat decided to save costs in diesel versions.
  8. paritosh

When checked, the volt meter was giving a reading of 8V (during ignition) which should be more than 10V.
    As per the technician, it was the lead points that may be detoriating ( or could be he was trying to scare me into buying)

Considering it was 3 yrs already and i was sick of the false messages on the MDI so went ahead for replacement.

Have replaced the stock Exide Battery with another exide same specs.

Cost :4300 Cash ( incl buyback of the old batter)
    Warranty 18 months
  9. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

Facing issues similar to Paritosh - no cranking issues, 3yrs old Punto MJD, Airbag Failure message popping up for last 2 weeks.

Took it to a battery shop - 12.5 @ no load, 11.5 ( or so , don't remember the exact reading ) @ headlights on , 8.4 ( or so ) @ crank. Is it time or a replacement ?

Exide 50Ah costs 4100/- after exchange with old battery - i asked for the mfg date and he told me it would be within 2 months.

Btw , the MRP he showed from a chart was 5197 whereas batterybhai Buy Fiat Car Battery Online of Exide, Amaron, SF Sonic in Delhi-NCR shows 5352 MRP; I did not understand the difference in MRP. Final price on Battery Bhai is 4600/-.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

Ravi, I am thinking of ordering Amaron Flo 55Ah for my 1.3MJD 75BHP Punto with batterybhai.com. Can you let me know how fast is their service and your experience in dealing with them