1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    What is the specification?
  2. Went for OEM spec - 44Ah.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

my cousin downgraded his lineas battery to 45 amps,which was around 3200 bucks cheaper,still after 4 months there is no issue with his car,even i have not experienced any starting problem with the car,when i drove it.lets wait till winter arrives.but i feel 60 amp battery would be a good option[,technically speaking]
  4. paritosh

Interesting. I think i would get the quotes from the local shop this weekend. Atleast i can get a confirmation on the health of battery.
  5. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

I still have the OE battery on my GP EP for almost 2 years now. Recently I got a cranking issue during my recent trip. Also I get "Airbag Failure pls see handbook" message MID every now & then. So asked the SA to check this issue during the 30K service. He said the battery is weak & I should get it replaced. Does anybody know if this kind of weak battery can happen within 2 years? If yes is it related to Airbag failure message? For how long is the warranty cover for battery? Pls advice.
  6. sdp1975

sdp1975 Amatore

3yr old OEM battery still doing good on my Punto ( touchwood).

Should I replace it as a preventive measure ? Worried about it dying suddenly - I drive a fair amount on highways.
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

No need. Even my Linea has completed 3 years with OE battery and still going strong!:)
    2 people like this.
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

You should go for only 50 amp battery specified by the company.if any electrical fault (like alternator etc) especially in extended warranty ur claim can be denied for this simple reason.Moreover 50 amp is more than enough for Linea diesel. I have changed the original battery after 3 1/2 years with same 50 amp exide.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Weak battery in most of the cases is the reason for most of the errors like ABS, EBD , airbag.The day i changed my batter after 3 1/2 years the EBD/ ABS (irritated me for almost a month) errors didn't appear since then.

More ever how much the battery should last depends upon ur usage like too much much of night driving with head lights, stereo usage while car engine off etc decrease the life of battery. Also battery water levels should be checked regularly.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2012
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Finally I have changed my Battery to Amaron Flo, 55Ah, costed Rs 5050, from batterybhai.com, with old battery replacement.

Size was bigger than OE Exide, 45 Ah was same size of OE, but Punto's battery space is enough to hold little bigger battery and new battery fitted well.
  10. How much you got for the old battery??Amaron comes with 2 year warranty?