1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did check today, both Amaron and Exide, the price from small shops are not less than batterybhai. So mostly will go with batterybhai, in coming weeks.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I need to replace battery this week, and I decided to go with Amaron.
    Can you suggest, which one should I go for, 45Ah - (Rs 4250) or 55Ah -(Rs 5050).
  3. 55Ah will be better considering just 800 rs difference...
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    arnab, I am trying to see what advantages will 55Ah have over 45Ah, considering OE battery is Exide 44Ah, which ran fine for 3+ years . Cost is not an criteria.
  5. 45 x 12v= 540watt if you replace with a 55 x 12v= 660watt,this can be used if you run multiple gadgets,like amp,woofer, that is more the load the better it can handle..In 45Ah battery it feels strained sometimes..
    1 person likes this.
  6. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Whats the quickest way to ascertain the health of battery?
    I dont have a voltmeter, so it seems going to nearest battery shop the best option?
    in terms of symptoms
    - 1.4 GP. Stock Exide battery. 3 yrs completed.
    - No cranking issues
    - Airbag failure messages popping more frequently since last couple months

Or do i have change it irrespective of the current status? I have heard most of negative reports ( in terms of lasting) on the stock exide battery so far in this forum
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Stock battery normally doing its service well, but there are some instances where it failed pretty early. Mine also serving well for 3 years 2 months. But I am getting cranking issue (takes more time if the car is stationary for more than 1-2 days).
    I personally feel, changing the battery after 3-4 years is good, but it can last more for sure.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Though people complain that Exide battery is unreliable, my experience has been good till date. I replaced my exide battery after more than 2.5 years, when I started facing cranking issues. Sometimes, I had to make 3-4 attempts to get the car started, especially when the engine is hot. I was getting all kinds of errors on the MID. Display was dying off while cranking. These happen in the last phase, when the battery ready to be buried.
    If there is no issues in cranking, I think you can continue for a few more months.
    1 person likes this.
  9. paritosh

paritosh

Pune
    Thanks Ravi. Fiatlover. that is reassuring. So i think i can wait till any start of troubles with cranking...
  10. In my case, battery died without even giving any symptom (my be I didn't notice at all). No lights in the dashboard on a fine day. I didn't have strating problem even on the previous day, execpt car turned off once while running. RSA technitians jumpstarted the car, but advised me to replace the battery soon. I was not able to start the car even after charging the old battery for around 15 minutes. Installed Amaron on next day. OEM Exide in my car lasted for 2 years and 9 months. Running Amaron Flo for last one month.