1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery upgrade

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by amolmane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. The price given in the batterybhai is attractive.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Also check prices with any neighborhood battery shop. Seems batterybhai.com prices are not that attractive. Just for comparison, I got Exide Matrix DIN44 battery 6 months back . It has 30 months warranty (replacement free of cost) & post 30 months prorata discount starting from 50% on next battery. MRP was Rs. 6339. The guy gave it to me at Rs. 5600/-. Mumbai Price listed in batterybhai.com for that battery (link below) is Rs. 6550/- & only if you give old battery in exchange then it's Rs. 5850/-.

Buy Fiat Car Battery Online of Exide, Amaron, SF Sonic in Delhi-NCR
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Hi Guys , I may be OT but , think amaron does the good job in the market , in my previous experiences and my friends, Exide is not like olden days , It does not serves duty for more time and gets drained fast , but where as amaron is good and stores energy well and lasts longer, may be a little costlier than exide!!.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Amron is bogus brand. I tried 2 brand new amron on my pulsar 220 Fi bike.
    Bike was stalling on brand new amron. Headlight was not stable.

Then I fitted 2 year old exide. Problem of engine Stalling & unstable headlight disappeared.
    Amron is useful only for powerful engine cranking. But after starting of engine,brand new amron was not giving stable power supply to fuel pump of my P 220
    1 person likes this.
  6. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Try Bosch also. i got Bosch S5 for 5K for my Punto.
  7. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Exide batteries are crap nowadays they are living on their name earned in past. Amaron(Bosch manf by Amaron too) and Tata Green batteries are best lasting nowadays
    I would rather buy Standard Furukawa batteries from Exide than Exide overpriced Chinese quality batteries. SF Sonic batteries are cheaper, better quality and with more warranty. Exide does provide excellent Bat Mobile service but it's their necessity seeing how many Exide batteries fail within 1 and 2 year of purchase.
    Price, warranty comparison
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Amaron always. Exide is a relic of the past now, much like Bridgestone. It was disappointing to see an Exide in the Linea.

The Palio is on it's second Amaron now. Considering how harsh the Palio D's engine is on the batteries, it's good to see the earlier Amaron lasted well.
    1 person likes this.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Yeah I agree with bhai. My brother who is in the two wheeler business also states that quite a lot of electrical mechanics do not like Amaron as it disturbs many electrical systems. Some auto electricians in Chennai first look if an Amaron is installed if there is an electrical problem. However I went for an Amaron from Exide for my Punto before I knew this.. 26 months of Exide is the lowest life I have seen in a car battery and that too coming from an iconic brand sitting in as an OE when the electrical systems are new, I expected it to last much longer. I found the initial cranking a bit too powerful in the Punto when i switched to Amaron but that seems to have settled down now.

1 person likes this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I got my battery replaced at a battery shop near old airport road two months back. Cost was Rs.4000, in exchange with the old one, which had almost dead. This one has 18 months warranty.
    See details here