1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sajujana, Feb 19, 2012.

1. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @mangeshtendulkar Dont like the idea of starting the car every 3 days for the sake of battery :(

@metal_heart After jump starting and about 1/2 hour idling, multimeter measurement showed 14. So guess alternator is fine. It must be battery or continual discharge. I will try to get a second opinion from a battery shop this weekend and update it here.
  2. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Went to an Exide dealer and got the battery checked. No issues found with the battery. The guys at the battery shop too suggested not to keep the car idle for more than 3 days.
  3. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @carl_jhonson Similar thing happened with me, tried to find the fault with battery or current leakage but did not find the root cause of this issue. My experience is that if car is left idle for even 5 days then too everything is alright, only if it remains idle for 7 or more days then there is battery drain.
  4. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @mangeshtendulkar Please update this thread if you find any solution for this. Will be helpfull.
  5. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey @carl_jhonson, honestly 3 days is a very short duration, the problem is all due to battery, how old is your car/battery, if your car battery is even 2.5 years old I would recommend you for a change, don't try Exide, try Amaron or any other brand apart from Exide to verify.
    My Personal experience, my bike's OE supplied battery lasted for 6 years, post which I wen't in for replacement at a exide store, battery just crossed 6 months and I had low battery signs, I had my bike battery checked thrice, 1st two times he took the batter and kept it for charge stating "kept under observation" but then same battery was returned to me, the 3rd time he tells me battery is all good. Infact when I had told him that I use my bike 5 days a week, he then tells me that I ride my bike for less than 30kms a day and so batter does not get charged :grumpy:. I just did not know how to react, then I almost completed a year with that stupid battery and then swapped it with a new Sonic-SF battery, completed little over 1.5 years, going all fine, infact my bike now runs for just 10 days in a month and that too very short distances.
    mangeshtendulkar likes this.
  6. aniket.agawane14

aniket.agawane14 Novizio

Thane
    Linea T-Jet
    I am also facing same problem is my linea t jet plus 2012 model
    Battery drain within 3days
    Last 4 days my car is with jay vijay motor pune and they cant find the exact problem
  7. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All,
    There is definitely something wrong either in the electrical circuits or the battery, if it is going down in 3 days. I have replaced my battery after completing 3 years and 30K+ kms and I never faced this type of problem either with the first battery or the new one (Exide). Most often, my linea mjd stays in my garage for the week and is taken out on week-ends. My usual week-end drives to city are 25 km one way (50 km total) and that too over 5-7 hours. I mean that in one stretch, it goes at the most 25 km and then stays parked for couple of hours. I don't buy the argument of minimum drive to charge the battery. At times, I have left the car for two weeks unused too. I hope this feedback helps.
  8. carl_jhonson

carl_jhonson Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Anup Agree that three days is a very short duration. Car is 7 months old. Battery might be a little older. Planning to visit FASS by next month and ask them to check battery again.

@aniket.agawane14 @Ravi_M In my case it is 6 days. Service person from FASS asked me not to keep the car idle for not more than 3 days.

I am also facing one more issue. Remote lock / unlock is not working intermittently. Not sure whether this be because of the flip key's battery or because of weak car battery the receiver in car is failing.
  9. aniket.agawane14

aniket.agawane14 Novizio

Thane
    Linea T-Jet
    Four months back i bought a new battery but then to battery used to drain within 3 days and then i took the car to jay vijay motors but they didnt get the problem that why the battery used to drain so fast and they told me that there was a problem in the starter and solved the same.
    Can any one tell me what may be the reason behind draining of the battery so fast..
  10. Herrydas

Herrydas Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My Dad bought Fiat Linea in June 2014. Yesterday battery is not starts and battery show less power. We starts car using jump start but unfortunately in evening same problem occurs. I have checked battery terminals and connection is ok. I think battery is dead, so i replace it and where to purchase at best prices. suggest best option for me.