1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sajujana, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Call Fiat RSA - 1800-209-3428 and they should tow it to service center and SC should fix it.

It certainly is not normal, but do read manual for long time parking steps.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    RSA should be the 1st step, next verify the vin and check the manufacturing month.
    there are chances that the car might have a year old battery or standing in stock yard, which might explain the battery getting discharged.
    if all the above are within acceptable limits, then battery cells might have gone bad, which builds a case for replacement of battery (free)

else as said in the above post, probablity of a leak or something draining the battery (wrong circuitry issues).

FASS has battery checking device or hand held diagonisis instrument which will help identify the issue easily., plus it will provide you a print of the diagonisis and error messages etc.

Pls don't worry it can be sorted out.

OT : one my friends ford figo had similar issue and it was due to bad cells and was replaced free of cost !!
  3. the_crusader

the_crusader Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.4
    Till now I was thinking batteries will always remain unplugged while car is waiting in stock yard until it gets prepared for the delivery.
  4. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    OK few steps to rectify the issue
    1. Try swapping the battery with another one and leave it idle for the next 72 hours if the vehicle starts up then its an issue with the battery and follow step 3
    2. If the vehicle doesn't start up, it means you have a leak somewhere. Could be various things few things to check would be Central locking if you have the aftermarket ones, ICE possible drain from HU or Amp
    3.Take the battery to a battery shop near by and tell him to check for bad cells (which I believe is not the issue) if battery cells are fine, tell him to keep the battery under charge for the next 12 hours, your battery would be back on track- I had this issue with my exide and I believe yours is exide as well...

If you wish to go the FASS way, explain the issue and ask them for a service battery well in advance while they have your battery submitted to Exide for further inspection, inspection report takes a minimum of 5 working days! During this time you can follow step 1 as above to clear your doubts (getting a service battery from FASS wont be easy but its the only way out)
  5. Johnycomelate

Johnycomelate Novizio

Kochi
    Not to worry at all ! The battery is under warrantee, being less than one year since purchase of car. FASC people will first try jumpstart the car and see if the battery would hold.If not they will take the car to their center and put the battery on a 24 hour charge. If that too fails,they will arrange a new battery from the battery mfr. Meanwhile checkout if any after market fittings/accessories are connected directly to the battery line, by mistake !
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Excide coming with lot of defective batteries now days.I personally seen the battery conked off in 3 new Maruti cars.
  7. gauravbfss

gauravbfss

Delhi
    Deal Details please??

Sorry to hear your tale. Would you mind sharing what discount and freebies you got on Punto Active. I am from Delhi and looking to buy one.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My battery also drained as i kept it unused for 15 days also there wasn't enough distilled water in the battery, its recommend to visit near by EXIDE battery shop and get it checked and recharge it to resolve the issue.
  9. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks all for the valuable advice, called a guy in Fiat service center and explained the issue, since I coudnt able to start the engine he adviced to get in charge near by local battery shop, so swapped the battery..started the engine and charged the OEM battery for 24 hrs, now it's fine no issue, but will raise this issue during my 1st service...
  10. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    always call exide batmobile, within half hour they will reach... for any battery related issue, timings between 7AM & 12 Midnight, call 1800 180 11111
    they have over 50 vehicles covering 27 cities... and its any battery remember not specific to exide user...