1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sajujana, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Mate, I guess you may have got it all wrong . Without self motor, the next option for any car is for someone to push start or jump start with a spare battery. In neutral too the gearbox is not functional an there is no load.

Abdul
  2. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How a diesel engine starts? Can, you explain further?
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    How does one jump start a car with a spare battery, without a self motor? AFAIK, the only way to start a car without a self motor is to push start, unless the car is equipped with a hand driven crank mechanism, which can be rotated by hand :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi guys interesting discussion on batteries up here, well all my old horses had no problems with the batteries in past with running in at regular intervals most important being the usage. But i have heard of maintenance free batteries that lasts a life time of the car if used properly is what i have heard of but usually no body gives warranty for more than 3 years of the life of battery, guys please put forth some light on these subject.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Guys sorry for confusion caused it was typo instead of glow plug i mentioned as self motor. Glow Plug uses more power to heat the engine as in petrol cars uses a spark plug to produce fire in the engine to start it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. My GP 1.3 is 2.6 years old, and getting battery indication turn on, I have checked from the Exide battery dealer, he said battery drain out, has to change, but I don't know how?,coz i m not playing music in the car, even don't use much power, i use to turn off head lamps while car stop on the signals, almost 30K km completed.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2.5 years used, so do change battery at earliest.
  8. Stock batteries won't last for more than 2 years......try putting Amaron with 4 yrs warranty when u replace.
  9. Praveenuva

Praveenuva Novizio

Chennai
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I bot Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD-Active on 01 September 2013 done 450KM and now came to abroad for work, my car is not used for past 19 days and today morning when my sister tried unlocking with remote its not working, so she unlocked manually with keys and engine is not starting :uh battery got drained......is this normal???? 19 days of not using will drain the car battery??

Now confused...can this be claimed in warranty or I have to pay for fixing this??? and one more question if I call service center will guys come and take the battery with them or better to fix with local guys near by? Please Advice....
    1 person likes this.
  10. RedPoint

RedPoint Amatore

Chennai
    19 days idle will not drain a battery of a brand new car. There could be some leakage somehwere which need to be diagnosed first.