1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sajujana, Feb 19, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It could be that the battery is not getting charged when the car is running. Could be an alternator issue as patchyboy suggested.
    The TASS never agree when we mention or explain an issue. They try their own ways to resolve an issue. When My Punto's battery almost died, the technicians were still trying everything possible with the FIAT Examiner. They could not confirm that the battery is dying. The roadside battery shop guy didnt take even 5 mins to confirm that battery is almost dead. Once I replaced battery, the starting problem, hot start problem, and all the error messages on the MID vanished for ever. TASS expects the Examiner to declare that the battery is dead or is dying.
  2. RKRK

RKRK

TASS has claimed that they have checked the altetnator / relay. The issue was escalated to fiat by the TASS, and they are working based on the trial and error provided by Fiat people, which is rediculous. My car has become a testbed. Some Fiat Guy named Jacob was called upon to Chennai for this purpose. The service manager frankly said that they are not aware of the cause so far and they are still unsure whether changing the wiring could solve the issue. What's more irritating is, the car's condition being idle for 45+ days. Now it's definitely not a premium car. They surely can't pack the body / dash back to previous fit and finish.

P.S. There are multiple scratches on the RHS body and door.

RKRK
  3. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    This is just sad. They ought to realize at some point it would be cheaper for them to replace the car than keep using up their own employee's time for which obviously you will not be paying (defective product). Did you write to the CEO? This logic might ring a bell with him. You need to keep the pressure on them. Remember "squeaky wheel gets the oil".
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The first thought that came to my mind when I saw the picture - "Can these guys actually put everything back together?". It is really atrocious that they have taken the car apart like this, just because the battery is draining fast. I mean, do they not have some technology / tools to check the health of the car's wiring without literally raping the car?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is absolutely ridiculous. They can diagnose in their own way but why the hell they have damaged your cars paint and the leather seats? That is totally unacceptable. When everything gets sorted out, ask them to fix all these non-sense.

I don't want to dissappoint you but, have to tell this. I am repeating this again. Concorde, ECR is the worst place to service a Fiat car. To sum it up, it is by far the worst TASS I have encountered so far.
    1 person likes this.
  6. RKRK

RKRK

I have said the same logic to Mr.Mangesh through mail. But no positive response. Where can i get the contact details of the FIAT Higher Level Management?
    Looking at the condition of my car, I see the car in the SCRAP yard will be in a better shape than my Car.
    The worst is, they have still not identified the issue and they are working on Trial and Error mode to identify the issue.
    I am surprised a big company like FIAT, does not have any skill to identify the issue, if at all identified does not have any potential to fix it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I Doubt the same. Even if they could, There will be lots of noise, Leak.:confused:

2012-12-08-225.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  7. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why the hell have they ripped apart the car like this ??? This reminds of cars in local garrage in olden days when they had no diagnostic tools! They could have used simpler solution like checking with any new battery, changing the alternator! @RKRK, wish you would have posted this query at the earlier stage itself. TFI would have definitely provided you with practical solutions. Hope things get sorted out soon! Good luck mate...
  9. RKRK

RKRK

Just now Escalated to Mr.Aashish and Mr.Ravi Bhatia. Have Attached the Pics too. Awaiting Response. Thanks for the Contact List TFI.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Strangely I meet an ex punto owner today at service station he also had similar issue where battery use to drain very fast, his car was at service center for almost 1 month. Finally they found the issue (he did said some name to me, i forgot :() there was something in engine bay that use to remain on all the time consuming the battery. They replaced it and it got fixed. Before that they checked all the wiring connection and what not.