1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Battery Issues

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sajujana, Feb 19, 2012.

1. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Where did you get the optima from ?? :D
  2. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    You don't have to take it to anyone if fiat has a design issue. It's their job to find design issues in their products - so let them do it. I am sure they are all over on this forum under pseudo names and as silent watchers. They must be already knowing about issues since this forum is well endorsed by them. Fiat in India is slow to react.
  3. Get the battery gravity checked,and get the elecrodes checked by batmobile guys,they do it for free aind that too at your doorsteps.If the battery is a faulty one,they try jump starting it using a test battery.They give you a certificate of damage,thus helping you get it replaced.
    But the problem is with your usage.even after a replacement if you keep her docile for days,she wont respond with a better cranking.So keep warming up her,at least for 15 minutes a day.
  4. xplorauto

Got it down from Singapore. Wrote to the Asia-pacific office of Johnson Controls. If you arn't aware, they own Optima Batteries now along with Varta. They shipped it from there...
  5. RKRK

My Linea MJD Emotion, is 3k Kms done, Purchased on April, 2012. My Car is facing a rapid Battery drain from the begining. Is in Concorde, ECR, Chennai for the third time.

Duration of the car with Concorde:
    1st Time 3 Days
    2nd Time 1 Week
    Now 45 Days.

The Service people are not able to find the cause of the issue till date.
    They replaced the Blue and Me, Battery, but the issue still persisited. Now they have Stipped down my Car to change the wirings fully. My car looks like a Scrapped Vehicle with multiple scratches on the RHS body and door, the Leather seats have lost their biege color and full of greese marks. The Service People are still not sure whether the wiring change will fix the issue.

Have been Mailing Mr.Mangesh for past two weeks. He replied the Region Incharge Jacob will look into it.

I seriously doubt whether they can fix the issue and deliver my car back in the previous state with same fit and finish as i gave them.

Kindly guide me what can be done from my end.
    It's horrible to look at my car in the current state.

6. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Are you starting the car with AC on? Floor mechanic told that cranking the car with the HU don't affect the battery much but as per my knowledge starting with the AC on will surely affect the battery. The battery gets charged when you drive your car. If you continuously starting the car with the AC on for sure, it will drain. Have you checked any wrong wiring (mostly don't happen) or loose connections?

Till time the battery is under warranty, they need to replace it. If there is some wiring issue, then it should be rectified to keep the battery up.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

It is really saddening to see a car that is less than a year old in this state. Hope the team knows what they are doing and are not trying to fix the issue by trial and error. To me it smells of an alternator issue, but I am sure these guys would have thought about it. Hope to see the car back in ship shape soon.

aniket.agawane14 likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Terribly sorry to hear this mate.

If only we had lemon laws here in India, FIAT would've been forced to buy this car back OR give you a new one.

Have you mailed the guys at the top? Any response?
  9. RKRK

I'm not starting the car with AC on. The drain is so rapid. Like, i drive 15 kms, Stop, Start in 3 mins - It won't Start. When Checked at the service center with keys removed. The Ampmeter declines so fast.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Gurjinder, I have been mailing Mr.Mangesh on a regular basis for past 2 weeks. NO positive Reply. I have also asked for a vehicle Replacement, which goes unheard. I have started feeling guilty for buying a Fiat Car:(
  10. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore