1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Basic Battery Maintenance

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by AndyRKett, Nov 29, 2014.

1. AndyRKett

AndyRKett Timido

United Kingdom
    Norfolk
    Grande Punto 1.4
    in the UK we suffer from cold wet winters which takes its toll on the battery. temperatures down to -15celcius not only slow down chemical reactions in the battery it also means heaters are run continuously, short days means lights are on nearly all the time.

november december time is about the time everyone sees there weak batteries start to fail so i did a simple video to help keep an otherwise good battery running.

The battery in the video was the original fitted to my 2004 Punto multijet, at the time it was 8years old and it went on another two years only giving up after it was left to go flat being left connected in the car for two weeks while i was on holiday (I usually dissconect them) I replaced it finally in September this year.

bak, me_at_fiat, kookaburra and 2 others like this.
  2. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    Hey Andy

thanks for the detailed instructions and a video. Battery maintenance is one of the most imp thing but at the same time one of the most neglected :)
    also 8 year old battery hmm that's some number. Most of us replace our batteries in just 3.5-4 years:bucktooth:!!! so time to take this thing seriously :)