1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Barefoot driving or sole-footed, what's your preference?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by abhinit90, Sep 10, 2012.

What do you prefer/ like?

1. Barefooted or with socks etc.

2. Wearing shows/ sandals/ slippers etc

1. I cant drive bare foot...But I have a bad habit that with what ever I get habituated I need to buy the same shoe/sandal(flip flops) everytime...I am now a little comfortable with sports shoes.But I cant drive with woodland boots,they are too heavy for pressing and depressing clutch.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I usually drive with shoes, But during long drives, i prefer bare foot, which gives me great comfort and the feel of the pedals gives you a sence of the road (for me)
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  3. ops

ops Amatore

Punto Abarth
    Always with Shoes on. Not barefooted and not Slippers
  4. Mostly barefoot:::
    Unless i am wearing laced snug fit shoes with light soles.
    In city b2b traffic (i feel) my feet tend to slip from the clutch and I wont dare that happen.
    I surely love the extra feedback w/ barefoot.
    I mostly wear slip on shoes with no lace (so, slightly loose fitting) so its easy to be on and off from them.
    Always place sandals/shoes *in position parallel nearest to the seat and push them back at slightest *feel they r out of place!
    Protect shoes from extra wear /bending lines due to excessive bending while working with the clutch.;)
    The mud from shoes wont get on to the pedals
    I always have my pedals and atleast driver mat spic and span so its ok to be barefoot. I feel uncomfy with the slightest gravel/grainy dust running around below my feet.
    In long straight no-traffic non stop highway drives i give some rest to left leg by bending & bringing them on to the seat i(dangerous) ha ha- sometimes even to right leg!!!!
    ...ask for reasons.. Huh!*
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

I always drive with Shoes or Sandals on. If I am wearing big boots like the woodland ones, I will simple remove them and drive with socks on.

Slippers are a must NO for me.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bare foot. i learned it that way and continues to do so. i find it comfortable but on long rides, it can get a bit tiresome.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i use shoes (leather or sports) in city traffic but i prefer barefoot for long drives for better grips and braking feel ..
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I Always Drive with "Sparx Sandal"...They are Perfectly fit and comfortable too and Its Sole also Hard so its gives good Feedback when pressing Pedals !!;)
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Only Bare Foot , it gives you not only the feel and also precise accelerating improving mileage , braking @ good which mainly reduces jerks inside the car
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

I learnt driving using bare foot and continued for almost 3 years. The difficulty is when you use shoes you need to remove it for driving and it will take time to wear it back also. I found it little bit embarrassing when I drove in US.
    So I slowly practiced my driving without removing chappals/shoes and it took 2-3 days to get accustomed and now I am not able to drive on bare foot :)

IMO bare foot driving hurts for long drives.
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012