1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Barefoot driving or sole-footed, what's your preference?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by abhinit90, Sep 10, 2012.

?

What do you prefer/ like?

1. Barefooted or with socks etc.

30.0%
  2. Wearing shows/ sandals/ slippers etc

70.0%
  1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    It will be really tough to drive barefoot in City Driving. But this is depend on the comfortability of Driver.

I use sports shoes that are really good for drive.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Driving in flip flops/chappals/slippers is nothing short of dangerous. They can slip from the foot and cause serious consequences.
  3. I drive bare foot on long drives, Car feels responsive in long drives on bare foot. With shoes in city.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I just cannot drive bare foot. I need to wear some footwear else am not at all comfortable.

Kiran
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Am always comfortable driving with shoes on! If its slippers, it has to be strapped ones.

The driving school fellow taught my wife to drive bare foot. Even after 2 years, she is not comfortable driving with footwear on. Be it a highway or city! :uh
    1 person likes this.
  6. Ashpalio

Ashpalio Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Footwear all the way! I have tried barefoot driving but was uncomfortable.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess it all boils down to one's personal preference. I never drive barefooted, as I am not comfortable doing so. For all those who want to drive barefooted, here is a word of caution:

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOU FOOTWEAR LOOSE IN THE AREA BENEATH THE DRIVER'S SEAT.

There is always a possibility that the footwear could move forward and get under the pedals leading to disastrous consequences.

Also, a reason to cheer - Driving barefooted is actually safer that driving with slippers / flip-flops. Also, ladies please be wary of driving with high-heels. I remember reading about an accident in Japan, where the heel got stuck between the A pedal and the floor, making the car go out of control.

Rajan
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Driving with sports shoes is the most comfortable way for me..

I had tried driving bare footed but it tends it give a pain on my right heel during long drives.
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    When I first learnt driving, I loved to drive bare foot for the perfect feedback I felt with the pedals. Slowly, moved on to Sports shoes. Sports shoes are most comfortable. Feedback is how you tune your mind, it doesnt have to be physical. I hate driving with chappal. I rarely use chappals, so its even rarer to drive in chappals, so no issues

With barefoot: Excellent feedback, feet may get dirty. If you are a general shoe user, you will have to spend extra minutes removing and putting them on. On highways it could be frustrating if you want to get out of the car often.

With shoes: Needs more time to get used to and adjusted to the feedback. Feet are perfectly clean within, LOL
  10. When I learnt driving in my good old M800, i used to drive bare foot for initial two years.
    Later I started to drive with footwear (irrespective of chappal or shoes),yes with barefoot you can get lot more feedback from the pedals but I don't need it any more.
    -Sat