1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Barefoot driving or sole-footed, what's your preference?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by abhinit90, Sep 10, 2012.

?

What do you prefer/ like?

1. Barefooted or with socks etc.

30.0%
  2. Wearing shows/ sandals/ slippers etc

70.0%
  1. abhinit90

abhinit90 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    I mostly drive while wearing a shoe and socks, but for the instances that I'm forced to drive with a chappal, I put them off and drive barefooted. I feel that I get much more feedback from the pedals while driving in that way.

I made this thread because I read some posts which had people saying that they once drove a vehicle without shoes and the experience was very bad, because they couldn't get any feedback.

Any such experience here?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This is just a matter of the driving style one is used to. Also, it is true to a certain extent that you can sense the slightest vibration when you drive barefooted.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i hate driving with Slippers,sandals i dont feel comfortable and tuff to move on the legs from C to A pedal or A to C pedal.May be habbit matters.

With Sport shoes i'm fully comfortable...
  4. driving with shoes on..... alwaz..
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It depends on the way your feel comfortable in diving the car and confidence in your driving skills.
    1 person likes this.
  6. tganesh

tganesh Amatore

Udupi, Karnataka
    I usually drive wearing sandals. But in the long distance drives, when I get tired use bare foots. With bare foots, I always feel that the feedback is more.

While driving bare foots, please make sure that your sandals or shoes not at all near the pedals. If you keep them near to pedals, there is always possibility that it will obstruct the use of pedals.
  7. I don't feel comfortable driving bare foot in bumper to bumper trafic. If I am wearing shoes, I always drive with them. If I am wearing loose chappals or sandals, I remove them.
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I prefer driving with footwear on and shoes particularly. Find it a bit uncomfortable with sandals and chappal and very uncomfortable with bare feet (only tried once and then quit).
  9. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i like driving with slippers. they are very comfy on a sunny day and on long drives.
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I like driving wearing shoes only, what so ever kind of they are bulky sole or light sole. I don't like driving bare footed or slippers/sandals.