1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by prakhar_lfc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Prakhar/Yashik: One of my uncles had the cheek to get a Pool jersey for me some 7-8 years ago (he knew I supported United and yes he follows football). I had to tell him that if he was serious, that jersey will be burnt at the very first opportunity I got. My sister kept it with her and I recently found out it was still lying in the store room in brand new condition (still gift wrapped) at the back of my house. Any takers? I'm burning it the next time United has a bad result against Pool to take out some of my frustration.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Nitin 22ji, does it have GERRARD 8 at the back? :p

I'll take the jersey if it does. Hope the United guys don't lynch me. :D Sorry guys, just too much respect for Gerrard.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Nah no Stevie G on it bro! It doesn't have any name. Its a medium size (40) so take your pick.
  4. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Liverpool 2-1 Utd. FA Cup 4th round. :cool:

So, you'll burn it now? ;)

BTW, which team does your uncle support?
  5. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Prakhar: It wasn't too bad actually, so I'll hold on to it. We controlled long periods of the game but the lack of ideas in the final third hampered us in finishing your team off. Wazza/Nani were a big miss there. But no grudges against your team, they took advantage of a bad defensive slip - fair play to them. Its a bitterweet pill - I was fretting at the thought of a replay since we have a packed calendar over the next 8 weeks with Europa league games against Ajax, big games in the league and to add to the misery - pretty much half of the preferred first teamers out of action. Hope we get some luck with the injuries now. But worry not my friend, we will pick ourselves up and focus on the league which is always the top priority. I guess you can't say that about your team, can you? ;-)

BTW, my uncle is a Bradford City season ticket holder.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    I don't know what happens to us against smaller teams.:confused:

We perform better against bigger teams, though. :)
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Well let me put it this way. Games against top teams (especially United) are your team's cup finals since they do not have too much to look forward to at best of times. :)
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Utd 2-1 Liverpool :(

Lost it this time. Utd go on top by 1 pt. Not much damage done to Liverpool's top 4 chances thanks to Chelsea's and Newcastle's defeats.
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    we are gunning for the 4th spot. perfect result for gunners with Henry slotting in a goal in the dying minutes. it cant get any better.

rather we are in the 4th position now :D
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  10. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    @ Gurjinder paaji/ Ansal/ Nitin/ clash81, how did you start supporting your respective clubs?