1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012

Discussion in 'Sports and World News' started by prakhar_lfc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    The league table before Christmas (Top 10):

Man City
    Man Utd
    Tottenham
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Newcastle
    Stoke
    Norwich
    West Brom

Boxing Day Fixtures:

Chelsea v Fulham
    Bolton v Newcastle
    Liverpool v Blackburn
    Man Utd v Wigan
    Sunderland v Everton
    West Brom v Man City
    Stoke v Aston Villa
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Liverpool 0 - Blackburn 1 :p

Let's bet Prakhar.
  3. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    @Gurjinder: For once, even I can't see Liverpool screw up here. Rovers are a shambles man!

As for United, two very winnable home fixtures against Wigan and Blackburn should see us to 48 points at the half way stage of the season. I can't remember United with so many points at that stage for a long time, and people were writing this team off just a couple of weeks ago after the CL exit. On another forum, I posted this is June that this year and probably the next will have some embarrasing moments in store for United given the transitional nature of this team and I also mentioned that I seriously hope it won't be against City or Pool. The prophecy came true already twice with the City defeat and CL exit.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Right Nitin bhai. I was teasing Prakhar :p

Let's tease him a bit more, eh?

Merseysiders' new anthem-
    "We'll never walk a.......,ummmm,,,,never walk with the silverware"

X-x-x
    Gerrard is one of the greats though. I respect that man.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Yes paaji, carry on :)

What about Utd?
    "Divided we stand, united we fall" :p
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Q: What do Pool Fans and sperm have in common?
    A: One in 2,000,000 has a chance of becoming a human being.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Can somebody please notify Liverpool that, along with their lack of imagination, the correct grammar is 'A field', not 'An field'. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I bumped into a man crying uncontrollably outside a department store in Liverpool yesterday, and all he could go on about was how he hates this time of year, dressing up in a ridiculous red outfit and embarrassing himself in front of thousands of people.

I said, "Look, Mr.Gerrard, you chose to play for Liverpool."

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

A Chelsea fan, a Liverpool fan and a Man u fan were all in Saudi Arabia, sharing a smuggled crate of booze. All of a sudden the Saudi police rushed in and arrested them. The mere possession of alcohol is a severe offence in Saudi Arabia, so for the terrible crime of actually being caught consuming the booze, they were sentenced to death!

However, after many months and with the help of very good lawyers, they were able to successfully appeal their sentence down to life imprisonment. By a stroke of luck, it was a Saudi national holiday the day their trial finished, and the extremely benevolent Sheikh decided they could be released after receiving just 20 lashes each of the whip. As they were preparing for their punishment, the Sheikh suddenly said: "It's my first wife's birthday today, and she has asked me to allow each of you one wish before your whipping."

The Chelsea fan was first in line (he had drunk the least), so he thought about this for a while and then said: "Please tie a pillow to my back." This was done, but the pillow only lasted 10 lashes before the whip went through. The Chelsea fan had to be carried away bleeding and crying with pain when the punishment was done.

The scouser was next up and after watching the scene, said:" Please fix two pillows on my back, under my shirt" But even two pillows & 1 shirt could only take 15 lashes before the whip went through again.

The Manc was the last one up (he had finished off the crate), but before he could say anything, the Sheikh turned to him and said: "You are from a most beautiful part of the world, your city has some of the best bars, nightclubs and restaurants in Europe, your city and football team is known throughout the world. For this, you may have two wishes!" "Cheers mate, your Most Royal and Merciful Highness", The manc replies. "In recognition of your kindness, my first wish is that you give me not 20, but 100 lashes."

"Not only are you an honourable, handsome and powerful man, you are also very brave." The Sheik says with an admiring look on his face. "If 100 lashes is what you desire, then so be it. And your second wish? What is it to be?" the Sheikh asks.

"Please tie the Scouser to my back."
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    This thread should be renamed "Liverpool vs Man Utd"
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I heard Manchester United successfully qualified for Europa league around 2 weeks back. All Utd fans should buy Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 as they have exclusive rights for Europa league. ;) :p
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Ask Any Liverpool Fan.....they would give thier life even to play in Europa League....thier team hasnt seen European football in over 3 years....and looks like they wont qualify for champions league this season as well.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Liverpool's luck is just as good as Titanic buddy. Same goes for Tottenham. Anyways, my brother is an Arsenal fan and even Arsenal never makes it to the top. Strange thing is that he does not have an Arsenal jersey. He has a Liverpool jersey though. :)