1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Banks Review: Share your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Being a long time customer of Axis Bank (then UTI Bank), I am experiencing numerous changes with the Bank with respect to service. The bank was well known for Customer service during the times of Mr. P J Nayak. Ever since he stepped down, the Bank has just become another (copycat) private bank (they created AxisDirect taking cue from ICICI Direct). And yes, the customer service has taken a severe beating too. I am trying to contact my home branch for few of my banking needs (thru telephone and email). None even received the call and none even bothered to reply me.

On the contrary, I shooted an email to couple of branches of SBI in Chennai to see if they could help me. Got reply from all. :)
    Who said Private Companies only can do better in Customer Service?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @ramjn, despite extremely bad service in branch or on phone one member in my family refuses to close account there at Axis, just because its such an old account and linked since long to equity related stuff. In our case believe it or not even maintenance charges for our account were being debited to someone else's account for a few years..:eek:

The manager was submitted a letter of-course as soon as we noticed it, and he appeared calm and least bothered about this. He promised to rectify the issue and call back. But he never did. Then again after repeated reminders on phone and email the problem got solved finally. From various experiences I wouldn't trust their staff to dispense proper information either.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Same case with me too @asimpleson. I can't just close my account with them. It is linked to so many things and it will be tedius effort for me if I decide to close. I have decided just to stick with Axis Bank for this purpose but make SBI as the primary Bank from now on.