1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Banks Review: Share your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    While its efficient when you are in India, it is pain to use Internet Banking when we are outside the country. When ever I wanted to make a transfer I call to my Mother (she has my phone now) and she will read the SMS and tell me the one time pin for the transaction.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    My strange experience with HDFC bank:

I have taken a insurance plan from them. One year back registered for utility payment using their credit card for LI premium payment.
    Last month HDFCSLIC they didn't accept the credit card payment and returned the amount. I called them their customer care doesn't know why it returned.
    Today I payed the amount again. But the NAV has increased now. Not not because of my fault I will be getting less units. Since the card was making the payment the late payment issue doesn't arise.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The country’s three largest private banks were on Thursday accused of indulging in money laundering both within and outside with an online portal claiming that a sting operation conducted by it has revealed a scam.

The portal Cobrapost played the contents of purported video recording of officials of HDFC, ICICI and Axis bank allegedly agreeing to receive unverified sums of cash and put them in their investment schemes and benami accounts in violation of anti-money laundering laws.

The footage taken in ‘Operation Red Spider’, purportedly shows a number of senior executives of the three banks verbally agreeing to take huge amounts of cash from the undercover reporter and putting them into a variety of long-term investment plans so that the black money ultimately is converted into white.

However, no account was opened nor any cash deposited in these banks.

Full news - The Hindu
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I recently used my HDFC debit card to pay 20k for a purchase outside Karnataka . In less than 10 seconds, I received a call from HDFC bank to confirm the user and the amount.:up
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Visited Axis Bank to close my account with them. Reached the front desk and I started conversing in Tamil but the lady at the reception replied back to me in English for all my queries. But, she spoke in Tamil with her colleagues. I don't understand this logic. This is how the Bank like to connect with the customers? No one should become a customer of the Bank if they don't know English? :confused:
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Malayali excutives in banks in Bangalore rarely speak in malayalam to a malayali, even if I go on in malayalam. They may have a direction from superiors to converse to customers only in English. May be they think conversing in regional language is "unprofessional". Hindi also seems to be an accepted language, but not south Indian languages!
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would guess in Metros, banks would be safer to speak in English to cover broad customers. Normally it would be difficult to guess customer know which language.
    Your case was different though :).

Also, normally banks hire from all over India, and so they would try to keep "official" language to communicate.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Absolutely fine, Ravi. I knew that the girl at the front desk know Tamil and I started the conversation in Tamil. But, still the girl did not reply me in Tamil. This keeps me wondering what if the customer don't understand/know English?
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    can someone provide a review of housing loan from HDFC. any suggestions comparisons are also welcome.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams, HDFC is ok. I had taken its loan earlier.

Best is take it from SBI, but here you have to spend significant time till it gets approved, but once done, this is best.
    In private, I am using home loan from Axis bank, and I find better than HDFC.