1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Banks Review: Share your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh. I didn't realize this. I remember doing deposits with few ATMs but don't know if all ATMs have this facility.

But still, the number of Axis Bank ATMs which support cash deposit will be greater than the total number of CITI Bank ATMs in any city. :D
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I am with SBI and HDFC for years. I like the customer service of HDFC. They are very efficient and very customer friendly. SBI have improved considerably recent years.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The private banks are all very friendly and very efficient, as long as they have your money. Try taking a loan from any of them and defaulting just one EMI and they will show their true colours :D

Rajan
    4 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    true!! most of us have salary accounts with a private bank but when we need a loan, the first choice is always a nationalized bank :)
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have seen this in couple of branches in native place (north)Kerala. I noticed that the counter executive was very reluctant to use this facility! He was behaving as if I am borrowing something from his ancestral property!
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Like someone said - The private banks will give you a loan only if you are able to provide documentary evidence that proves that you really do not need the money.

Rajan
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That's because nationalized banks reduce interests the moment RBI announces it. Private banks wait and watch for months!
    This is one of the reasons why we go for nationalized banks.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Web-pin can also be generated from a non-registered computer; but again, it will ask whether it is a safe private computer or public one. In the former case, it will be registered and the latter case, an one-time password generated and sent to the registered mobile. I have done some transactions from non-registered computers using OTP web-pin. When I was in Australia, I registered my daughter's desktop as my home computer with the help of my another daughter, who posted the registration password via live Google chat, which was sent to my registered mobile that was left at my Bangalore home! I used that password to create web-pin generator and did many transactions during my stay there for 3 months.:)
    2 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Also, when we decide to close a car loan or a personal loan with a private bank, even this is not that easy. Usually they have one central processing centre for the city and we have to go there to close our loan. The wait there will kill us more than the waiting time at nationalized banks.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    that is one thing and another thing is that private banks usually have pre-closure charges!
    in cases where say 75% of loan is payed, bank would have already taken 95% of the interest amount so even with a 2% pre closure charge on the outstanding principal, it may not be beneficial to preclose the loan!!

so pre-closure is always a pain with these private banks

in a nutshell, with private banks everything is rosy only till the loan is disbursed where as with a nationalized bank life is cool on the other side of the loan!!