1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Banks Review: Share your experience

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by ramjn, Dec 5, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    There were times where we used to have only Nationalized Bank and visiting any of those Banks were one of the most boring and irritating experience for me during my childhood/college days. My Father would assign something to me (deposit/withdrawal) to visit the Bank and I have always hated to go there. Now, things have changed. Even many of the Nationalized Bank have changed now. Here, in this thread let us share our Banking (Good/Bad) experience and see which Bank is most Customer Centric.

Here goes my experience. Ever since I started to work, I am Banking with Axis Bank (it was UTI Bank when I started). I didn't select this Bank to open an account. It was my employer who will credit salary only to this Bank. Surprisingly, I started to like their service with their friendly staff and prompt response to queries. They upgraded my account to 'Priority Banking' Service after 2 years and it became even better for me. Doorstep service, Free movie tickets, Personalized service at the branch (no need to wait in the queue and so on). I remember it was year 2006 when UTI Bank became Axis Bank. Leadership also changed and I was able to see lot of changes with respect to online Banking, charges and so on. For the last couple of years, I have started to believe like Axis is certainly not the Best among the lot.

I have been reading so many good reviews about Kotak Bank these days. Please share your Banking experience and whether you are satisfied with their service or not.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I am also a Priority customer of Axis Bank, Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore. I am happy and fully satisfied with their services. Like any other good gadgets, there are some bugs even in my Priority account! Many years back, I submitted my documents and complied with KYC norms. But still, when I log in to my Internet banking account, there is a pop-up message asking me to comply with KYC norms! I escalated the matter to the highest possible level, but in vain. My RM tried her best to cancel the pop-up message, again, in vain. The standard reply I used to get was, please ignore that message, sir!

Apart from that, I have saving accounts in State Bank of India, Basaveswara Nagar, Bangalore and Royapettah, Chennai. Their Internet banking safety features are at par with the private banks like Axis Bank. Their services have also improved a lot. Both the branches are fully air-conditioned and follow a token system ensuring first-come-first-served basis.

I have another saving account with locker facility at Central Bank of India, Kamalanagar, Bangalore. This account is mainly for ECS payouts for BSNL and BESCOM [electricity bills]. But their service is just so-so. I don't do much transactions apart from monthly ECS payouts to the telecom and power utilities.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Same case with me too. I submitted the documents not once but twice. Still, I get this popup message whenever I log into my account.

Another coincidence Ravi Ji. I too have a Savings account with SBI and my car loan too. I agree that their internet banking is on par with the private banks. I am yet to visit my SBI branch where I have my account, The Tidel Park Branch. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore
    I do have a Priority Customer of AXIS Bank (My salary account , opened by my company) for the last four years. Fully satisfied with their service. Internet banking works fine.

I have a saving account with State Bank of India for the last twenty years ( where ever I am located at that particular time) and also have a housing loan account with them. As Ravi sir said their services have improved a lot with the ATM and internet account services etc.
  5. I am happy with Service of Citi Bank and HSBC, I did not have any problem from them from past 10 years.My wife has AXIS bank account , I think it's time to revive that for Movie tickets.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have/had below saving accounts -
    1. HSBC
    2. HDFC
    3. Citibank
    4. ICICI

My personal experience is best with Citibank. No hidden charges, lots of facilities, never visited their bank in last 7 years. Not a single complaint yet. And best thing, one can change the address online, no need to go and submit useless documents.
    HSBC was also equally good, but I discontinued because of some other reason.

HDFC and ICICI bank are also nice generally, but they will keep charging some small amount, with some or other reasons.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I have had accounts in ICICI, HDFC, and SBI. The first two were salary accounts and the last is savinga account. I have been very satisfied HDFC, they are very prompt and I never had any issues with them. SBI, though they have changed a lot, there are some age old stuff still followed to the pint of irritating.

And now in SBI, you can deposit cash with using just the debit card. It works like this:
    Hand over the cash and the debit card to the counter designated for paperless deposit.
    The counter executive counts and confirms the amount and swipes the debit card.
    He then asks the customer to key in the PIN. Punch your PIN and you are done.
    No pay-in slips, no signatures, no begging for pen to fill up the form!
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Citibank, you can deposit the amount directly in ATM machine.
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I have had good experience with ICICI and AXIS.

SBI is like government office. I asked SBI manager for car loan and he says "How will you pay your loan If you get married? Won't you have to buy a house and pay EMI and also manage your family? A car is not neccessary for you"

He should have just told me wether he can sanction the loan or not. I just picked up my mobile from pocket, filled in the details on bankbazaar and got the loan approved at the comfort of my home from AXIS bank. No questions asked. I like Axis for loans.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think HSBC too has that but only for credit card payments, not for regular cash deposits.