1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

banged on a roadside hole - linea

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Sanjeev Ashok, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    When Overtaking a truck, as usual i left my driver side wheels off-road and riding, suddenly there appeared a huge hole, couldn't control so ran over it. The car jumped but nothing happened to anyone in the car. Overtook the truck and continued the ride.

1. Later am hearing a strange noise from wheels(if am not wrong), the noise is like mouse/rat squeaking sound... What could it be any problem with wheels / suspension ?

2. Also i hear a vibration sound in the left passenger side on rough roads, which was from the day 2 after delivery...

What those problem could be ?
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Sanjeev Ashok

Have you inspected the tyres + rim/alloys? If OK, then get the Wheel alignment/balancing done to check if they are out. If still getting the noise, show it to FASS, maybe the suspension may have taken a hit when you went over the pothole.
    Sanjeev Ashok likes this.
  3. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    As ghodlur said, alignment / balancing should fix the noise. if not it could also be from the steering rack. get it checked at FASS
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Lower Arm might need replacement, check at FASC.
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    Dear Sanjeev,

One month back my car banged on a road side hole,a stretched one actually, my wife was driving and she had to give way for a ambulance.

there was a raised up engine noise along with the steering vibration and also mouse/rat squeaking sound after the hit was felt from under body of the car

immediately visited FASS.

On inspection, the engine shield got bent, radiator leg broke and one of the ac pipes got bent.

claimed insurance (b 2 b insurance), work cost was around Rs 19952, got claim of around 14 k, rest 5.9 k had to pay from my pocket.

Bills attached

IMG_20150119_101824.jpg

IMG_20150119_102917.jpg

Thanks

IMG_20150119_101824.jpg
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rattle noise mostly from elastic pads.May be elastic pads given up.
    Sanjeev Ashok likes this.
  7. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    You are making me feel afraid... Will visit FASS and get back to you people..
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Mostly strut pads might have taken the hit. Secondly you need to check for lower arms. Each side cost 2200 approx
    kedarbendre and Sanjeev Ashok like this.
  9. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    FASS diagnosed the problem and reported as Strut Got weak and they'll replace it under warranty... But i fear only strut or any other part would've been damaged... Will report you people in the evening.
  10. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    @Italia-Linea @Ganges @bibin @asimpleson

They replaced the front suspension and elastic pads on warranty. And very bad news is that Alloy wheels got bend. When rotated, it rotates unevenly :(:(:banghead:

They said Alloy have to be replaced with new. How much does an alloy cost. have to change 2 of them.