1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Wayanad

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I am planning to Wayand this weekend, anybody has any idea which resort/hotel is good.
    And route info please.
  2. PS: This no promotion..!
    Ravi:
    My BIL,friends got a house+estate & now turned it to run like a Home-stay. If you are not particular about "best amenities" that a full fledged resort would provide, I would suggest you give a thought to visit. It is very near to Soochippara Waterfalls (<1 km Google for it) or Meppadi/Pookkodu that are other nearby landmarks. I had been there to pay a visit during last week of May and found it decent.

This being a recent start, I can get you a best deal ( close to half the rate!! ) Do feel free to contact.
    google for valentine wayanad.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks ThePunter, I will contact you in future if I need your help.
    This time I have just booked Banasura Hill Resort. Hope its good.

Some pictures from their website, looks quite unique -

eco-resort-exterior-1.jpg

eco-resort-exterior-3.jpg
  4. HI ravi,

as you have already booked the hotel so i don`t want to suggest anything on that.
    Now about Route info:
    best root:mysore road- enter mysore city(you will same 30kms if you go from inside city), ask anyone local people for Mysore airport or ooty road--->nanjangudu---> gundlupet ---> bandipur national park(gate open at 6am tp 9pm drive @ 50-60kms animals cross road)----> wayand

let me know you need any more help ..
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Drive_drift.
    I am planning to take exact route as you suggested.

Do you have any view on Banasura Hill resort?
  6. Hi Ravi,

I have not idea about Banasura Hill Resort. i stayed at Italiya resorts, decent one, got that for 1000Rs per night 2 bed DSCN0501.jpg DSCN0482.jpg DSCN0500.jpg with breakfast + tea. attaching the pictures of the same.
    but tell you food is made of coconut oil in wayanad (personally i don`t like).

try to get some raincoat, umbrella or enjoy the rain and beauty of thick forest.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Back from wayanad (God's own country). Lovely place.

Route -
    Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangudu---> Gundlupet ---> bandipur national park - Sulthan Bathry----> wayand (Banasura resort)
    Distance - 308KM

Road Condition -
    Bangalore to Mysore - Excellent, with some unexpected speed-breaker.
    Mysore to Nanjangudu - Good, with lots of traffic
    Nanjangudu to Gundlupet - Good, less traffic
    Gundlupet to Sulthan Bathry (viat national park) - Good, bliss to drive (keep speed at 50-60, and open your window.
    Sulthan Bathry to Banasura resort - Bad, very thin road, and Kerala Transport drivers drives very dangerously.

• Resort - Awesome view.
    • Service - Good
    • Price - Bit pricey.

Resort view from entrance.

DSC_0074.jpg

Fall, part of resort.

DSC_0176.jpg

Some other pictures.

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Banasura Dam -
    DSC_0260.jpg
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Amazing pics! These are Screen saver stuff!
    You had a terrific time for sure !
  9. Great picture Ravi, the Coffee day i still remember all my trips i usually stop there :)
    yes Ravi mysore road have too many speed breakers and one important message to all TFI member .. "if your driving from Mysore road at night(or early morning for) try to put emergency(hazard light) if you having any speed breaker in front of you, this will help people to come fast behind you and they don`t notice that you have applied breaks and don`t bang your car. last weekend i have seen 2 major accidents because of this. 4 cars banged each other because the first car applied sudden breaks for speed breakers and the follow car didn`t get the view of the thing."

2 thing: the "ramnagar place" group of people try to stop your car at night time and they will come on the road. don`t stop the car and put all your mirrors up and lock the doors of the car. actually they want to loot you. this had happen with my friend last weekend at 9pm. have heard by many of my office friends too.
    take care and drive safe :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    These pictures are so eye pleasing! :)