1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Tirupati (Tirumala)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am planning to go to Tirumala, sometime next year.
    It will be full family trip, means 5 adults and a small kid.

Please provide the information you have on route from Bangalore. Also on accommodation front.
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi Ravi,

Its been a while I visited TFI, was quite bizi being with my little Angel.

Think you might have received the SMS about Route details & also attaching Route Map for your reference.

Oh sorry did not notice......Instead of going to chikkabalapur you can reach KOLAR directly through OLD MADRAS road.

From your palce BTM lyt - Sarjapur Rd - KR puram Hanging bridge - Hoskote - Kolar then you can follow the map

Bangalore - Tirupati.JPG
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sunil, I received your SMS, no any other SMS.
    Though the route is clear now.
  4. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    the route i went was yelahanka-devanhalli-vijaypura-kolar-mulbagal-chitoor-tirupati.
    the road is good most places. kolar-mulbaglu 4 laning is going on
    the byepass road of chittor is bad. if it is off hours or weekend.. go thru chitoor.

accomodation - our stay was booked. but i guess the best bet is online with ttd.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did the journey successfully, driving was best part.

My observation -
    - Bangalore to Tirupati - Roads are in very good condition. Chittoor by-pass has bad roads for about 2 KM, but manageable.
    - The ghat section was pretty easy to drive. We were 5 adults and a kid, plus luggage full. I drove easily (mind you it was my first ghat section drive).
    - The facilities at Tirumala is bad. Its tough even to get hot water (for my kid).
    - Huge rush for darshan, 24 hrs. I would say avoid taking small kid for darshan.
  6. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ravi,
    I am planning to go to Tirupati coming weekend by car. Can we get darshan ticket in Tirumala or we need to get it in Tirupati
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Tirumala. Get Seegrha Darshan ticket there and go to queue.
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Chittor by-pass is in good shape.
  9. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Planning for tirupati on coming 21st and 22nd. day one tirumala darshan and day 2 nearby places like alamelumanga puram and kalahasthi , pls suggest any other nearby places and I didnt find any accomodation ontirumala. can you guys suggest any good hotels in down tirupati .

thanks in advance
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Have you tried checking the availability for Tirumala booking here. Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams
    Just register and check whether you get the bookings, you can also book the sevas online. Have used this before twice and totally satisfied with the rooms and sevas.

At Tirupati you have Sreenivasam complex right opp the central bus stand. Theses are economical and very neat and clean complex with lots of rooms. the only negative is you cant book it online. Send a DD or arrive and check the room availability. You can also book a temple tour covering all the temples in and around tirupati from this complex. The bus starts at this complex. Contact details 0877-2264541 Accommodation at Tirupati