1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to rann of kutch via ahemdabad

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by mayurshah, Sep 8, 2013.

1. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    This Dasara vaccation i am planning for my life's longest trip self driving
    from Bangalore to Rann of Kutch (approx 1900 kms one way) , kindly suggest me important things to b carried
    for the car ..what important things to b checked regularly while driving mine is punto mjd & also Route guidence if anyone has already made similar trip
    Iam planning via Pune is this correct route to take?
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bangalore- Kolhapur - Pune - Mumbai - Ahmedabad.This is the only shortest route.Enjoy!!!!

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I do not know about the route, but can certainly provide you with some pointers on things to carry.

1. Battery operated / foot pump
    2. Tubeless puncture repair kit - A roadside mechanic may know how to fix, but may not have the equipment
    3. A torchlight - of course with fresh batteries and a set of spare batteries
    4. A few litres of distilled water - you may need to keep topping up the windscreen wash tank
    5. A basic first aid kit
    6. Do not forget to carry the tool kit that came with the car
    7. If service is due, get it done at least 2 weeks before the trip. Any issues will crop up before the trip and not when you are on your way
    8. Fill up and check tyre pressure the previous day - including the spare

All the best on your trip.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Do i have to enter Mumbai after Pune or there is bypass to Ahembabad ? ( just asking to avoid mumbai traffic).
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rajan has covered all the bases. Enjoy the trip. You will love the Punto even more after this long trip.

Touring is where the Punto / Linea shine.
    1 person likes this.
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks Rajan Sir for this list.. will keep all these with me

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also i will add GPS device

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just came a thought that i will also visit Gir forest & Soamnath Temple if its on the way.. guys from Gujarat can guide me on the route can it b covered on the way from pune to ahemdabad towards Rann of Kutch
  7. onlymakarand

onlymakarand Amatore

Bhusawal
    hi mayur! i m not frm gujrat but can guide u about route!:)

Gir forest and somnath temple are in the southern part of gujrat,near diu, whereas Kutch lies in northern part. If u r going by Pune- Mumbai-Ahmedabad route, u will have to take a detour from baroda/anand if u want to visit gir and somnath. And it is a significant distance from there too! u will need atleast two extra days to cover these.
  8. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Oh then i will drop the plan..will visit some other time..thanx
  9. Hey there, you will have to change your route for Gir and Somnath, but you can visit Dwarka, Lakhpat and Narayan Sarovar on your way to Bhuj. Trust me, Narayan Sarovar is one heck of an awesome place! Seriously! You will get a change of visitng Meetha pur, Mundra port, Bet Dwarka(The real Dwarka that is submerged under Sea water) and there are many beaches near to narayan sarovar. Also, you can see Karachi Lights from tip of Narayan Sarovar's temple. It is located at the indian Sea border. Protected by BSF. And while on the way to Rajkot, you can visit the Harrapan excavation site at Lothal, near A'bad. I've been to all these places. :D
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Thanks palash as u suggested will cover Narayan sarovar if its on the way to Bhuj.. Thanks buddy for the input