1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Rameshwaram-Dhanushkodi

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Thanks for all the suggestions, I have only three days so only going for Rameshwaram and Dhanushkodi this time.
    My wife has booked the room in Hotel Harish after look at some reviews.
  2. Some change in the stay, my wife booked a BlueCoral cottage insted of Hotel Harish.
    Food is going to be a problem as we might have to go in search of jain food.
  3. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think there is a Jain Mutt in Rameshwaram so you may find the food too.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Sat, Great trip i wish you happy and safe journey..

i heard there is Shankara charya mutt near the temple for stay and food i heard home food is available you have to get in contact with agents there..
    1 person likes this.
  5. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But Shankara mutt don't serve Jain food.

You will easily get idly and dosa. Otherwise you need to specifically tell these people in case the Jain mutt is not reachable.

Just check with local (Bangalore) Jain mutt about any Jain mutts available in Rameshwaram. I seen Gujarathi foods available in Rameshwaram.
  6. Gujarati restaurants will do, I always depend on their chat stores while in US.
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You can get Dhokla, Kachori n all. May be the taste will differ which is available here and in Rameshwaram because of the water.
  8. Madam goswami have excellent cottages at very cheap rates..sorry for the late post as you have already posted that booking has been confirmed..they have a restaurant inside the premises and they serve pure veg food..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  9. Thanks, I will try it out, Blue Coral doesn't have restaurant,so all your pointers will be very much helpful.