1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Pondi Route

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by zenwalker, Sep 6, 2013.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Dear Guys,

Planning a trip some time this month (weekends) to Pondi. Found this is the good route:

pndi route.JPG

As per googling a bit, there were couple of posts which said the route shown above is bad after krishnagiri but they were all made in early 2012 time lines. But found one post Road condition - Bangalore - Pondy - Pondicherry Forum - TripAdvisor where it is mentioned that its good as of Aug 2013 time line.

So would like to request more info about this route (Road conditions, safety, bunks, hotels, food, help availability).

Plan at the moment finalized as:

1. 4 people or max 5.
    2. 1 car
    3. Friday noon around 3PM departure from bangalore
    4. Sunday noon 3 pm departure from pondi.

Thanks
  2. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    Zenwalker,

I had did this route last month. Though it may be the longest route to reach Pondy, the roads are fantastic throughout. From Bangalore - Vellore - Arcot, it is NH and there are enough hotels enroute. From Arcot to Thindivanam, it is SH (double road). But the condition of roads is very good. From Thindivanam to Pondy, it is NH again and you can floor the pedal. From Vandavasi, the roads will directly put you on Thindivanam-Pondy NH. No need to go inside Thindivanam town. I really enjoyed my drive in this route in my Punto. Also in one tank full, you can easily do Bangalore-Pondy-Bangalore in Punto MJD. If you want to refill, do it in Pondy (as diesel is bit cheap compared to TN & BLR).
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks alot jpshya. Thats quite helpful. Yep def its very longest route. Good if we had a shorter one with good road conditions. Cmon TN govt, what you are doing :rolleyes:
  4. jpshya

jpshya Timido

Bangalore
    TN govt is sleeping on Krishnagiri -> TVMalai -> Thindivanam route for so looonnggggg (more than 3years as per my experience, they havent done anything in this route).
  5. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Between Vandavasi - Tindivanam ...i think roads might be improved now. Back in 2002 - 2004 this route was single road.