1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Nepal, route advice needed.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, Apr 21, 2013.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    My Final Route to Nepal

Guys after consulting many TFIans here is my final route map to Nepal.

Bangalore -> vijaywada -> Vizag ->srikakulam -> bhubaneshwar ->kolkata-> Durgapur -> Asansol ->Dhobi -> Gaya -> Patna ->Muzaffarapur ->Raxaul -> Birganj

In Detail
    Day 1 : Bangalore -> Vizag (0430 Departure)
    Day 2 : Vizag -> Durgapur (0430 Departure)
    Day 3 : Durgapur -> Birganj (0430 Departure)

Hopefully we will enter Nepal (Birganj) with time enough to spare to freshen up and see places around.
    I"m also looking at places to stay in Birganj if it becomes too late to travel.

Unfortunately My wife is totally against any night driving especially on Day 2 and Day 3 so i'm not in a position to say more.

- - - Merged Post - - -

In bold
    Total trip would be 10-11 Days
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2nd day is absolutely fine & safe for night driving. You would reach Durgapur anyway bit late. No need to hurry.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi for the reassurance
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The route you have chosen is over the coast line suggested route shows 39 hrs of journey..

Nepal route map.jpg
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes Sir that's the route. I'm off to planning the next leg "read as" Nepal tourism!! :D
  6. ops

ops Amatore

Kathmandu
    Nepal
    Punto Abarth
    Night driving is not suggested in roads of nepal.
  7. Roadking

Roadking Amatore

Bangalore KA
    You would need more than that..
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok I have some not so good news guys.
    After having seen the beautiful himalayas just through photos we were so mesmerized that we decided to do a 11 day trek to himalayas later next year.
    It would not make sense to just drive all the way to nepal and not trek or at least set foot on the highest peaks in the world.
    we dont want it to be a case of so close yet so far.
    With current work conditions its not possible to take a month off so we decided to fly to nepal next year and do this instead.

I'm extremely sorry for bugging everyone with this post ,
    Especially
    J Ravi
    Ravi
    Arnab
    Shams

And all the others here who have commented and helped me achieve a safe journey
    Thanks for all your support and help in route advices but as of now this trip stands cancelled.
    I"m however going to utilize these 11 days for tour the west and east india . The plan is not yet in place but should be shortly and i will post a new thread on that.

Mods :: Please lock this thread .
    I"m sorry