1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Nepal, route advice needed.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by theblack, Apr 21, 2013.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    All the roads that he is going to drive on in these states are National Highways and there is no safety concern whatsover. Things you might have come across would have been about interior roads which are not state/national highways and most of them would be mere speculations.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
  3. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I hope they should be. :dance.
    I completely agree with you that a lot has been changed from earlier days.
    But we cannot blindly believe National highways are safe.

1. My friend who was on a solo ride from Kanyakumari to Kibithu in Arunachal, has been so lucky that he escaped a mob setting ablaze his Avenger near Kharagpur on the GQ.
    This happened on day light and the mob was on that plight owing to some local political issue. Tuckers helped him escape from the scene.
    2. Some weeks before several vehicles were damaged near Dindigul on 4L NH by an angry mob, when some heavy vehicle mowed down a localite and a 4 hr blockade ensued.
    3. Puncturing tires by throwing nails on the express way etc, are some incidents we all don't wish to happen to anybody.

But having said that, None of the above hinder us from having the excitement and happiness we get after planning and executing a drive to unseen roads.
    I am quite sure he has taken all precautions and my post was just to reiterate..:confused
    Happy Motoring.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ these kind of things can happen in any road/state and such incidents keep happening somewhere or the other not frequently though!! you were talking about Bihar/Jharkhand/MP about which I said its not much different from any other place.
  5. sandeep.12

sandeep.12 Amatore

Bangalore
    I completely agree with you, mate.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Few tips:
    1. Carry Gmaps AND MMI, MMI is sometimes not helpful, especially in locating remote tourist destinations.
    2. All printouts (route map, hotel address, numbers) must
    3. Avoid checking your tyre pressure on the way unless you feels its too low, check it before travelling

Also check my travel maps. It shows the vehicle speed, I am slow when the road is bad, and fast when they are really good. You can also see where I would have stopped for foodings :)
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-tr...pur-tadoba-hyderabad-5900km-3.html#post161715
  7. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Theblack,

Google maps and MMI can be handy but don't rely on them 100%.I was following Google maps after Lucknow,got lured by shortest route and as a result got one of my front tire with huge cut in sidewall.

Fellows from West Bengal may be knowing the route,please seek their help..
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    thanks for the advice , Yes MMI (if i can find one) and gmaps are all extra attachments. In India at least i still live by "Bhai saab ye rasta katmandu ja ti hai kya?", road kaisa hai, jaa sakthe hai dus ghante me??" rule!
    1 person likes this.
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Buddy, Since you are going on a long road trip i was thinking on how you will be charging all the gadgets that you will carry with you, it will be a tough time charging them with the available car charger socket. I went through this Power bank for smart phones, tablets with 30 days standby have a look at it Eveready UM 22 Power Bank for Smartphones - Eveready: Flipkart.com - EVERREADY ULTIMA POWER BANK
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    theblack:

When are you planning to take this trip?
    Is it solo trip or a family/friend trip?
    What places you want to cover up in Nepal?
    And how many days?