1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Mumbai with 7 month baby

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Vishi, Sep 2, 2014.

1. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the update. So as of now it looks like I should take advantage of KA part of highway to compensate the delays in Satara-Pune section.
  2. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I completed my drive during the weekend. Overall it was fantastic drive except few stretches like Satara-Pune etc.

5.10am - I started from whitefield, and first mistake which I did was I followed ORR via Jalahalli. It took nearly 1 n half hour to reach Nelamangala toll plaza because of bad roads and heavy vehicle moment which started at 5 am onwards :(

6.30am - Started from Nelamangala at 6.30. 80-120kmph can be maintained till Tumkur. Be aware on Tumkur by-pass, espcially on the rightmost lane. There are potholes, couple of them were seriously dangerous.

9.30am - Reached Ranebennur at around 9.30, break for Breakfast at Kamat Upachar. Drive after Chitradurga was awesome till Hubli with plenty of opportunities of achieving higher speeds so that you can compensate for traffic delays later.

11 am - Hubli pass was a bit slow drive since its a double lane highway. Many slow moving trucks and difficulty in over-taking.

1.20 pm - Break for Lunch at a nice restaurant few km before Nipani. Place was good with ample parking, It was crowded with families.

Was pulled off the road by authorities in between Satara-Pune. Initially I was confused whether I am being stopped for high speed or KA registration (or BOTH :(). when I rolled down the window, one officer said we want to check you vehicle with camera recording. Then I confirmed from them that they were election commission guys since state election was scheduled after 4-5 days. They just asked me open one bag and thats it. (I dont know how I gathered courage to ask him when it will be aired on news channels:playful:)

5 pm - Entered Katraj bypass in Pune. Had a planned break near Dange Chowk (Pimpri) with old friends. It took almost an hour to reach there, thanks to absence of road because of lot of construction activity. :(

8.15 Started on Pune-Mumbai Expressway. Was disappointed a lot on this considering higher toll fees I paid. Although highway surface is smooth throughout the length, but I found it really unsafe at higher speeds in the night driving. No proper lane marking. At least reflector assisted lane marking should have been maintained at all the places. Vehicle traffic from opposite direction with high beam makes it even more difficult. Taxi drivers were cruising so rashly even when their car was drifting to other lanes on the turning.

10.15 Reached Andheri finally.:happy::happy::happy:
    5u3zEr0, pdash and Ravi like this.