1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Mumbai with 7 month baby

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Vishi, Sep 2, 2014.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Although I would like to whole heartedly agree with Acechip but still feel that the trip is doable provided you have all the requirements related to the baby taken care of. Starting from Powai @4 am and you should make it to Kolhapur by 10 I guess provided the traffic is thin. From Kolhapur another 10 hrs should see you in Bangalore outskirts by midnight (hopefully). For more road condition details pm J Ravi sir who recently did the stretch in his epic 6K kms trip travelogue.
  2. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

@ghodlur he is traveling south to north.
  3. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    This has been on my mind for a few weeks now, travelling from Madras to Surat about 1600 kms and after reading your post, it has made it more convincing. Did you drive for 21 hours without an overnight break?
    Himanshukumar likes this.
  4. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes i had driven for 21 hrs. Continusloy with loose motion. Need to take a break every 1 hrs. To clean my egr . But let me tell you no fatigue after 21 hrs. i might have driven till chennai also that day. Now same trip is on card coming 22 octomber this time its going to be 5k with in 6 days.
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  5. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    @ Himanshukumar: Wow! That is quite a feat. It would be impossible for me to drive continously like that without an overnight break, the minute it is 22:00 and I start feeling sleepy automatically :).

Are you from Surat?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am from small village called 'Chikhli'. It is 63 km before Surat towards Mumbai on Nh8. My wife is from Surat. What about you?
    5u3zEr0 likes this.
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Nice, someone from Surat and it's surrounding on the forum. Yup, my hometown is Surat. The itch to drive down has begun now :D.....

@Ravi : Thanks for the link to that thread.
    Himanshukumar likes this.
  9. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Friends,
    I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Mumbai this weekend. Can someone please share the current highway condition? Although I have already driven on this GQ highway before (Pune-Bangalore) and know its smoothness, but just want to make sure condition is good (since we had heavy rainstorms this year in many parts of the country) so that I can plan my timetable accordingly.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I drove Mumbai - Bangalore trip on 19/20 Sep 2014. I crossed Pune bypass during evening peak hours; so, lost a lot of time due to traffic jams. Most of the potholes/craters on Pune - Satara section have been patched up well. However, the diversions are nightmares still. It continues to be a sin to pay toll for this horrible stretch. Apart from these two sections, I did not face any problem anywhere.
    punto_emotion likes this.