1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Kodaikanal trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Surya, May 2, 2013.

1. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Guys am preparing for driving to Western ghats of Tamil Nadu KodaiKanal with family, it will be night drive and day sight seeing at the places. planned route is Bangalore -> Hosur -> dharmapuri -> Salem -> Karur -> dindigul -> Kodaikanal
    Distance 468km 8 hrs journey.
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    After 8 hours of drive, how would you do sight seeing???
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i will take breaks in between and short nap at the hotel before starting for the day. Guys can you guide me with the places and accommodation there?
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you might not be able to complete the journey in 8 hrs. I believe it will take 10 hrs easily. last 3 hrs would be spent driving on the ghats itself. If possible start early morning. If night drive is the the only option, take adequate rest before the journey!
  5. jsp

jsp

HYDERABAD
    I just returned from Kodai trip y'day, it is very crowded. You can visit all the places during the day, some of these are, Kodai Lake (Boating), Bryant Park ( it is a garden), Upper Lake View, Pine Tree forest, Pillar Rocks, and a cave place (don't remember the name).. it is just one road, you can visit all the places.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    roads are good all the way through on your map. But like shams says 8 hrs might not be enough.
    Stress due to driving wont be there but time wise its better you plan with another 2 hrs added to your schedule.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    AM travelling this weekend is that crowded there and where did you stay ?
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    i will start early in the night here so that i can utilise those 3hrs for early morning drive to the hills.. :)
  9. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Finally am back in Bangalore - from Kodai trip, truley it was a treat for my family at 16 deg .. will post the pics soon.
    2 people like this.
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Kindly post a travelogue also buddy along with pics. My Kodai trip is due, so it would help me :up Was it crowded?