1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Kerala trip in Jan 2013 - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by SoumenPaul, Dec 29, 2012.

1. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Hey guys, thanks for all the likes, could not follow the forum for sometime now.
    I will give detail of the places where the shots were taken shortly.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@ramjn,
    I use Nikon d3100 with Nikkor 18-55 kit lense and a Sigma 70-300.
    All wide shots were taken in my favourite lens the fabulous TOKINA 11-16 F/2.8 !!
    2 people like this.
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    The first 6 pictures are of Munnar.
    The Resort seen in the pic is Sterling Terrace Green at Chinnakanal 13 km from Munnar Town, a very nicely located resort just next to the Club Mahindra Resort, Overall a good resort neat and clean, but I expected better service for what they charge.It looks like it has been recently renovated.
    Pics 7,8,9 are are of Periyar Lake.
    10th and the last one were taken at Zuri Kumarkom Spa & Resort, this was an amazing place, very luxurious and worth every penny !
    14th pic was taken in Aleppy Sea Beach, the rest of the pictures were taken from the houseboat at Vembanad Lake.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    @dr.stephen, as phate_b has suggested you can take the route, in my trip while coming back from Aleppy I did not take the route due to a last minute change in plan to meet someone in Vellore and took the Salem route again.
    I observed most of the roads (NH) in the stretch are under road widening or flyover work and this has forced traffic to divert and use same lane for both direction in many places, this has caused a lot of delay in my journey. The Hosur Road also in very bad condition due to all this work going on, if I remember there was some accidents due to this in this month.
    If you are taking any of these roads be extremely cautious as roads suddenly becomes narrow and there are too many diversions.
    Wish you a great journey !

4. The Thrissur (Mannuthy)- Palakkad stretch has been in terrible shape since about two years(@SoumenPaul the widening works are in a halt ever since) , and nobody who knows the state take that route to go to coimbatore or palakkad. Last time I went to palakkad via Shoranur-Ottappalam; 10km extra distant but saves the frustration of being on that hellway!!