1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Kalady -->Kanyakumari --> Bangalore: Need your advice

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 6, 2011.

1. I am planning for a road trip to kalday to kanyakumari and return to Bangalore.
    Following route is what I am planning as per google map.

Bangalore-->Hosur-->Selam -->Coimbattur road--> Eeroad Junction-->Bhavni --> Guruvayur-->Kalady --> Kutralam--> Kanyakumari--> Nagarakoeil--> Teruchi-->Trivendram--> Madurai -->Hosur--> Bangalore

Please advice if there is a better route, I am looking at faster route than shorter distance with bad road condition.

I am planning for stay at kalady or Guruvyur and kanyakumari, please suggest if it is ok or not.any advice is appreciated.

-Sat
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You mean Trichy? If so, you have to visit it between Madurai and Bangalore.

Road-widening works between Avinashi and Coimbatore are still in progress which will cause some delay. There is another beautiful toll-free route from Bangalore to Coimbatore via NH 209 via Kanakapura, Chamarajanagara and Dimbam. Details are here.

My recommendation for stay at Madurai is Neww College House which has ample car-parking facility. Don't miss Sabari located diagonally opposite Neww College House for your breakfast/lunch/dinner. You can consider Vivekananda Kendra for stay in Kanniyakumari. For more details, please see my travelogue here. For Trichy, I would recommend Hotel Aanand, No. 1, Racquet Court Lane, near Railway Junction/Central Bus Stand. Telephone: 0431-2415545 (14 lines) which has ample secured car parking facility. Don't miss the next door Sangeetha's for breakfast/lunch/dinner.
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh Man. You have wrongly spelt most of the cities :).

The stretch between Chengapalli-Coimbatore is still under construction and you may find it very difficult. Alternately, you can do Avanashi-Annur-Coimbatore or else think about taking the Chamrajnagar route.

I don't advice to do Coimbatore-Thrissur-Guruvayoor. Roads are in very bad shape. I recommend Coimbatore-Palakkad-Ottapalam-Shoranur-Kecheri-Guruvayoor. Roads are good in this stretch.
  4. Thanks, Sorry for the spelling mistakes:)
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Firstly, When are you planning to do it?
    I recently did a couple of trips to kalady, from trivandrum . At the beginning of the year, went in a tavera, Through MC road, and didnt find it good for most of the stretch. So took the NH47 through kollam allapey for the second run in punto even though some advised to take MC road as it was recently resurfaced and better than NH. but i didnt feel it That bad , thanks to good suspensions.
    If you are coming via MC road, you can take a deviation to 'thenmala' enroute , and check out thenmala eco tourism as well as Palaruvi waterfalls. both a are quite good places. a few more kms, you ll be entering tamil nadu and kuttralam. you can cover all these places in a day if you plan accordingly.
    fron kuttralam, you can reach a place near ambasamudram (tirunelveli) and head to kanyakumari via NH7 or come back via trivandrum to meet us tvm tfians;) and head to kanyakumari later.

i agree to the above post.. palakad- ottapalam - shornur- guruvayur is damn good even though they are very narrow.
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011