1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Hampi and back

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Skywalker9, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,

I got my GP 1.3 day before yesterday and am already planning a trip :steering , planning to drive down to Hampi on 24th weekend and back on 26th. I think its about 350 km one way.

Need your input on directions etc.

Also, since i have just clocked 130 km in my car in 2 days is it good to take it for such a long drive so early ? any boundations of speed limit etc ? :?:
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Congrats Skywalker. Dont rev it above 3K and also be careful during braking as these are new tyres.
  3. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Thanks Gaurav,
    So to avoide that I need to get more kms in my car before the trip...alright...I am driving my car everywhere now to make up for those KMs..7 days and 1000 KMs in the City only...I should be able to do it right ?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think there is no problem to go to long drive, there is no recommendation for any run-in. However for safer side, try to keep the speed under 100KMPH.
  5. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi, Someone told me that GP engines go through run ins before the car is delivered to the Customer.
    Could that be true ?
  6. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,
    SO I travelled 400 Km to Hampi in my GP....
    Great car very good experience...
    total KM for the trip = 899
    FE for the trip = 17

Some pictures of GP in Hampi ruins...

Picture 2....

GP1.JPG

GP2.JPG
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2011
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Skywalker9,

What was the condition of the road? I believe, the mining companies' overloaded trucks have done immense damage to the roads in Bellary district.
  8. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hi Ravi,
    Sorry for delay in the reply, my route was :
    Nece ringroad ->NH 4 till Chitradurga ( abt 270KM) then a right turn at Chitradurga on NH 13 ( 125 km) till hospet.
    The way I see it I divided my trip in 2 parts till chitradurga and then tll hospet, Now it took me about 4 hrs till chitradurga (270km) and another 5 hrs from chitradurga to Hospet. The road was bad...as bad as it can be...
    Trucks traffic...which pulled my speed down.
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One place that was always in my list, but I thought Hampi was a dry area with no sign of greenery, it doesn't look so.
    Good that you enjoyed your trip and looking forward to more such travels
  10. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hey Pran,
    The time is apt right now to visit that place, it looks green coz of monsoons...Worth a visit man...just a hint : there is a place nicknamed Hippi island in Hampi....it stands apt for its nick..