1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arjun.manx, Jun 28, 2011.

1. arjun.manx

arjun.manx

Bangalore
    Hi guys,
    I was planning for a trip in august for Goa. So wanted to know which is the best route for day driving and also night driving. I was planning to leave bangalore at 9pm and reach goa at 8am next day..So please let me know the routes with good roads...
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I suggest you drive during day time, its monsoon time and hence not safe to drive at nights, as you never know how deep a water hole can be during night driving.

Route - Opt 2 may provide you scenic road as opposed to Op1. But not sure on the road condition, atleast within Goa, roads are ok as I didnt find Highway's wide enuff as compared to NH4 roads.

Opt 1: BLR- Tumkur-C'durga-Davangere-Harihara-Ranibennur-Haveri-Hubli-Dharawad-Alnavar-Ponda and then you decide -South or North Goa. = Majorly NH4 / 590 odd KMS

Opt 2 : BLR -Tumkur-Tiptur- Arsikere-Kadur -Tarikere-Shimoga-Sagara-Mavingudi-Honavara-Haldipura-Kumta-Ankola-Karwar-Margaon-Panji - 640 KMS
  3. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to visit GOA during end of August, 2014 with Family including my Punto :p. Did not find any latest post on route details from Bangalore to GOA. Anybody has recently touched this route? Any suggestions and plans for this trip will be helpful.

Thanks
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi, I drove to Goa in Jan end. While going I went via haveri-sirsi-gokarna-panjim.

For coming back I took a different route till haveri. It was panjim-molem-ramnagar-alnavar-dharwad Hubli bypass-haveri.

I found the 2nd route to be better because traffic was very less due to which I was able to save a lot of time..only place where road condition was not good was a small stretch near Karnataka border (on ka side) between
    Molem and ramnagar. in the other route road was pretty bad between haveri and sirsi and diversions were there due to maintenance work. also between gokarna and panjim, lot of traffic is there which makes the drive time taking.

I would recommend the route via Hubli dharwad any day but my advise would be to cover the stretch btw dharwad and panjim in daylight.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I have done six routes:
    Bnagalore-Hubli-Karwar-Panji

Bangalore ->Belgaum -> Amboli ghat (Maharashtra) -> Panjim

Bangalore->Chitradurga->Shimoga->Honnavar->Karwar->Panjim

Bangalore-> Belgaum->Chorla->Panjim

Bangalore->Dharwad->Alanvar->Panjim

The best routes are the last two..fastest...less traffic..

First one has best road condition..but heavy traffic from Karwar to Goa ..takes 2-3 hours easily..
  6. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Which part of Goa do you want to get to? If you want to get to north Goa then entering from South does not make sense as you will lose time in traffic.
  7. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks shams. That helps.
    Thanks Puntosat, that's a lot of options. How many times you did visit Goa.
    I m going to stay most probably in north Goa. I will update soon here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
  8. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Madras
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Sooz, if it is north Goa then I would suggest:

Bangalore - Chitradurga - Davengere - Hubli - MK Hubli then take left to Khanapur - Jamboti - Goa. I took this route on last year when I went to Goa. I was going to stay in Candolim and didn't want to cross Panjim's traffic. It was a good decision and the roads were sparsely trafficked. Only the section from MK hubli to Khanapur would be a single lane road so you just need to be a little careful. I had no problems at all but would just suggest that you ask the locals for re-confirmation. On this route you would be on the fast NH4 up till MK hubli. I think it should be three laned now till Chitradurga if I am not wrong.

On the way back since we started from South Goa, Utorda I think, we went the regular route via Karwar, Yallapur and joined NH4 at Hubli, we left on a Sunday so the traffic was less in the towns of Goa but the highway was a little busy with people on the way back to Bangalore.

I would say you must eat at Spice Goa atleast once, the lunch thali and their rava fried fish is fantastic. It is on the Bombay highway and it came on the way when we entered Goa from Jamboti.