1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Chennai

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Ravi, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I might be driving to Chennai (Not finalized yet) on 19th Aug.
    I have to attend one friend's marriage. Since its on weekdays so plan not yet confirmed.

Now I have to go to "San Thome Church" in Mylapore area.
    So now, chennai guys, give me some idea about routes once i reach Chennai, from Bangalore.
  2. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Hi Ravi,

I didn't get you? What do u mean by routes? You mean Chennai local routes or reaching "San Thome Church" from Bagalore?
  3. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think I will be able to reach chennai, so more information required chennai local route and from where i should enter chennai.
  4. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

madras
    There are 'n' nr. of routes you can opt for. I suggest you the following route, simple and hassle free.

Continue on NH4 after crossing Koyambedu. You will be driving in P.H. road which will eventually lead you to central railway station. The traffic signal just adjacent to central station is your first landmark.You don't have to take right. Just cross this signal. You will come across 2 more signals with about 100m dividing each. Cross the first signal. The second signal is a dead end. Take the right. You will get onto a bridge. At the end of the bridge. You'll have a signal. Don't take right. Just cross the signal. You will reach a dead end again. Take a right turn. This is the Marina beach road. No more left turns or right turns. Once you cross the Marina, your destination is just 100m away.

Hope I've not confused you.

For reference, you can take a printout of what I've written.

One you reach Chennai and if you have doubts, call me on my mob.
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks mate.
    I will take print of this.

PM me your number, I am sure that situation will not come.
  6. route is perfect-
    no review comments ::T
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The drive is confirmed.
    1 day, approx 750KM. First Long Drive in my Punto. :dancing
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Have a great trip and post your experience..
    :lol:
  9. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Trip is completed without any issue.
    Thanks Clevermax for your directions, reached and returned back from Chennai with any confusion.

I just love my Punto, its performance is so mature on highways on high speed.
    One of my friend also drove it for few hundred KM on highway and chennai city, and he was amazed. He says Punto has rocket turbo. He is a very good driver and understood the quality of Punto.

Wil post some pictures tomorrow.
  10. ramesh_v

ramesh_v Novizio

Hosur
    Good Ravi.

You are right punto gives excellent performance in highways especially Bangalore-Chennai road is amazing. I took my punto from Hosur to Chennai twice, though I am a novice driver I was enjoying my :steering ride with my punto. :clap :car