1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Chennai: Which Route?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by daretodream, Jun 28, 2012.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    There is no bad stretch on NH 4 via Kolar/Chittoor.
    1 person likes this.
  2. praful

praful

Bangalore
    Thank you for the update sir. Will recommend the Chitoor route then to my family friends driving down next week. The Krishnagiri route is apparently painful with all the constructions off late.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Yeah, you can consider Palmgrove and alternate options would be either NewWoodlands(Rs.2200 onwards) or Maris (Rs.1800-Rs.2000)

Reg route you can follow what Ravi sir had suggested. You can also consider taking Chittor-Katpadi-Vellore to join the GQ than Chittor-Ranipet-Wallajah since I found the road to be much better.

More in here
  4. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Did this route twice and I find it convenient unless it involves night driving/rain.

Hoskote-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamaner-Chittoor-Ranipet-Kanchipuram-Sriperumbudur

It's shorter by 40 kms, takes less time (The time taken to pay/wait in toll negates the advantage of all 4 lane route) and you save toll and fuel cost. Only thing missing is Ambur Biriyani!
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks to J Ravi Sir's recommendations I've started to patronize the old madras route and i must say I'm not dissapointed..
    So far I've already travelled 4 times on this route and the roads are simply superb..
    No tolls and good paved roads and good speeds can be maintained all through the journey its more economical on the fuel as well since you can do a consistent 90-110 almost all they way till you join the GQ
    with AC and good speeds the best I've got till date is about 18.5-18.9kmpl
    1 person likes this.
  6. No worries. You always have the option to have the Arcot Biriyani in this route. You have to take the Chittor-Katpadi-Vellore route instead of Chittor-Ranipet-Walajah that you would have taken.

This route will take you to Vellore from Chittor and then at about 12 kms from Vellore towards Walajah, you will cross Arcot on the NH which houses the very famous Star Biriyani :) You need to divert away from the By-pass for 2-3 kms and you will find the hotel. Its near the Arcot bus stand.
    1 person likes this.
  7. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    I am a happy Man:)

what will be the Toll cost if one goes for Chittor-Katpadi-Vellore route?

Also, there were 2 to 3 Star Biriyani in the same stretch. The authentic one is the one which has Branches in Vadapalani and Bangalore right?
  8. Toll cost will be same. So no worries. Ambur will confuse you with many shops with same name, but in Arcot, only one Star is available. But one thing, they are open only in the afternoon. So if you are planning for dinner then you have to be content with some place in Vellore.
    1 person likes this.
  9. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai

Your PM space is full!
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Will be doing this route tomorrow and want to know if anyone did this route last week or so. Read in team BHp that due to Seemandhra protests there are diversions before reaching mulbagal.