1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Bangalore to Chennai: Which Route?

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by daretodream, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I followed the same route as in post #18. The roads from Walajah to Mulabagilu ranged from good to average and traffic was also stiff. But I enjoyed my drive as I always prefer 2laned roads than the 4-lanes. A big relief was the absence of tolls.

On the return journey, I tried Chittor-Katpadi-Vellore and I felt that this was better than Chittor-Ranipet-Walajah.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I did Bangalore to Chennai via Kolar/Chittoor non-stop in 5 hours 10 minutes last night. The details are here. Road surface has become rough, uneven, wavy with mounds of asphalt on the tarmac in many stretches between Sunguvarchatram and Poonamallee, especially in front of Hyundai plant making driving a nightmare.:(
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Be it a car or a plant, it always becomes a nightmare with Hyundai on a highway. :D
    3 people like this.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    for this worst roads they have increased the 25 rs now what a govt control. that hyundai place is always risky, all drives there worstly.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Write complaint to NHAI. After paying toll why we should rely on luck with pot holes? If in US we can go to court against the authority collecting toll.
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Complaint to NHAI? We are in a lawless state, Sun.

I stopped paying toll at the Sriperumbudhur toll plaza and also at the Chengalput toll plaza. No one has dared to stop me so far.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    How come they allow you without paying toll?
    On NH4 hubli-Banglore strech there were 2-3 toll plazas which were not functioning.
  8. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am not paying at these tolls for the last one year. I just keep moving and no one even tried to stop me or asked me to pay the toll :D.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
    2 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Know I have no doubt that there are politicians in TFI. :D
    2 people like this.
  10. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Reviving this thread !!
    Taking my Lino - first time to chennai and then to Pondicherry !!

We are planning to start late night or around 9 PM from Marathalli, please suggest which route should I be taking.
    This is a brand new car :)